JUST upgraded toRecomended.. help?

mabpwnu

So i just realised i can upgrade from 1.1.10 to 1.2.6. and just copy pasted my world (after backing them up :P) and the redstone energy conduits are different and my power suit is completely gone. I guess what im asking is, what all changed? and is there a changelog somewhere that can sorta help me? im not a minecraft genius either. i was just learning how to build the mods for the power suit :/ Dont know how to transfer power from my combustion engines to my redstone energy cell and from the energy cell to my machines :/

Edited by mabpwnu

Using the new Tekkit version with an old world is "not recommended" due to block ID changes. But look through the forums for things that others have tried.

Energy units changed for TE energy cells and there are now multiple types of energy cells and power conduit. You can no longer power TE machines directly with BC engines, I had to make a steam dynamo to get started, but now use magmatic dynamo to charge a power cell for powering leadstone energy conduit to machines. You can make portable tanks that carry 8 to 16 cups of lava (maybe even more once you have resources). Note that the energy cells now have configuration like TE machines for energy input/output sides (like other TE machines have for item in/out), instead of switching energy conduit ends with a wrench or cresent hammer.

I hear that energy conduit should change TE energy to BC energy, but not the other way around. But I have not tried BC machines yet, so not sure if a TE energy cell can convert power those through TE energy conduit (like redstone energy conduit used to).

Ya i sorta did some tinkering to see the new energy cells, but like is aid i have sorta a basic knowledge of this stuff :P I figured i could just transfer my world since the most advanced thing i had was the energy cell powering my machines and getting power from the combustion engines or maybe the power suit :P. I havnt ran into any problems yet besides having to destroy the old redstone energy conduits and replace them. So i think i should be ok right? since i dont have anything super advanced. I had the forcefield setup but i didnt use it becuase ofthe power consumption. 

It is recommended to start fresh, but you can try and see how your world fares. The most important thing to do is setting up Redstone Flux (RF) generation, for which you need any kind of dynamo. Steam dynamos run practically all hard fuels and need water cooling. Compression dynamos are the heir of combustion engines, they burn most liquid fuels and also need water. Using those and attaching energy conduits, you can power just about anything fine, as the conduits will output RF or MJ as needed.

When resources are low, start out with leadstone cells and conduits, but upgrading quickly to "hardened" is a good idea.

This is all about Thermal Expansion 3. You can get the basics in the new (!) wiki here: http://teamcofh.com/

Edited by Curunir