Multithreading?

GaMEChld

Anyone know if there is a way to make the Tekkit Server multithreaded? I saw some somewhat technical posts around the internet about launching the batch file with some complicated commands, and requiring Java's JDK instead of JRE, but seemed confusing.

Or does Optifine work anymore? Think that had some multithreading stuff in it. I've got loads of RAM available, but I never see CPU utilization go higher than 1 "core" (its a 6 core, 12 thread processor, so looks like it's only able to leverage 1 thread).

I have heard of people trying many time without success, I wish that was true. large worlds could use it, from what I have heard bungee cord and multiple server is really the only solution. however if you actually find something I would love to know.

and yes optifine works, we have it included in our server mod pack. however it WILL not work with some extra mods like biome-o-plenty (the default tekkit is fine)

just drop the optifine file you want into your mods folder, restart launcher, win

Is Optifine only client based? Doesn't help the server do anything better?

Hadn't heard of Bungee Cord, but may look into that. But first I'm going to look more into this idea of using Java JDK with advanced commands. Supposedly it allows the Java platform to utilize more threads, which it won't do by default. I'll report back if I learn more.

Edited by GaMEChld

Is Optifine only client based? Doesn't help the server do anything better?

Hadn't heard of Bungee Cord, but may look into that. But first I'm going to look more into this idea of using Java JDK with advanced commands. Supposedly it allows the Java platform to utilize more threads, which it won't do by default. I'll report back if I learn more.

Please do this!  You would be my hero (and probably many others!)

bungee cord is for running multiple servers and you can spanning your people across it. The minecraft hunger games server would be an example of bungee cord server

many servers and people can use portals to get from one to the other but things like tesseract cannot transfer across them they are separate servers you are just making it easy to get from one to the other.

It is the same as multiverse or mystcraft but separate server