Fission Reactors not working?

elmarko98

I'm sure I've got everything right, I made a 5x5 water pool with the reactor in the middle and had control rods ready but the turbines don't do anything. They're directly above the water with nothing between it and the water and they just don't turn even when the reactors at full heat. No energy's made either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I'm sure I've got everything right, I made a 5x5 water pool with the reactor in the middle and had control rods ready but the turbines don't do anything. They're directly above the water with nothing between it and the water and they just don't turn even when the reactors at full heat. No energy's made either.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Try using some steam funnels then a fluiduct with active redstone on top to get the steam in the pipes.

Just started playing Tekkit again after a year inactivity. What exactly is broken?

I noticed the following:

You need more than one control rod to keep the temperature stable.

Fluiducts need to be at the bottom of the turbine, as steam goes up.

Big turbines now require pipes below the whole turbine instead of one single pipe input..

Reactor meltdown temp lowered from 1800+ to 726 or something.

101357_2014-03-10_14.55.00.png

Edited by m0nk

redstone is no longer needed with 1.6.4 that actually turns the liquiducts off by default. steam can only go up one block, you cant stack funnels anymore. not sure what else to tell you

here is my setup below

2014-02-22_15.00.40.png

Edited by TonyVS