TE Machines randomly losing power

Dash16

I've been having some problems with Thermal Expansion machines intermittently losing power when there is plenty of power available in the power grid.  I have Redstone Energy Cells storing power (Magma Dynamos inputting via Redstone Energy Conduit to the Cell) and Redstone Energy Conduit running power to a series of TE machines.  There are also some MFR machines on the grid that don't seem to be affected, are still functioning and drawing power from the Cell.  I can temporarily resolve the issue by picking up the machines and/or conduit, or by wrenching various connections into other machines.  Picking up the machines is less than ideal since their configuration is reset and they lose any power they've stored.  Everything is fine after fixing them for a couple Minecraft days, then the issue occurs again.  I don't know if the presence of MFR machines on the grid are causing it, but the Conduit should be able to transfer both MJ and RF to the machines on the grid.  I'm going to try removing all MFR machines from the grid and see if that helps, has anyone else run into this issue?

what kind of conduit are you using?

had a similar problem in early game when I tried to power a pulverizer, furnace and induction smelter on the same leadstone conduit. (as they are only able to transfer 80 RF/t switched to Hardened then 400 RF/t and everything worked fine again.)

Redstone Energy conduit.  Not a bandwidth problem, I think.  Having the same issue even after removing all MFR machines, but am using an AE network powered by the same grid.  I've taken to placing hardened leadstone energy cells on each machine, directly inputting power seems to always work.  As the problem seems to intermittently fix itself, for the times it is happening my machines can fall back to draining the directly connected Cells, even if the cells aren't charging.

Can't figure it out!

Redstone Energy conduit.  Not a bandwidth problem, I think.  Having the same issue even after removing all MFR machines, but am using an AE network powered by the same grid.  I've taken to placing hardened leadstone energy cells on each machine, directly inputting power seems to always work.  As the problem seems to intermittently fix itself, for the times it is happening my machines can fall back to draining the directly connected Cells, even if the cells aren't charging.

Can't figure it out!

Yeah, ME Controllers seem to draw as much power as the lines allow (even if most of it is wasted). I went with the same solution as you in the end - that is, a separate energy cell to regulate the output.

Edited by Darth Crater

Controllers have a GUI that indicates how much power they draw, and can be toggled between AE units, universal electricity, MJ, etc.  I'll try placing a buffer cell on the controller.