Bring old world to new update

lzklzk

Hi all, is the a way we could bring our old world (1.0.8) to the new update (1.0.9c)? If there is, do you mind providing the steps? 

Also, I can't favourite a morph after i pressed "~" and tried changing the keys through "morph.cfg" but still doesnt work. Is there a solution to this problems too? I'm using MacBook Pro but using logitech keyboard.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by lzklzk

Sure - if you're in singleplayer the safest way is to move your world folder out of saves to make a backup, make a new world, then copy the old world data into it.  It should just work if you try to open up the world in the new version, but backup first.

In multiplayer, set up the new server the same way, then copy the world data back in from the old server.

Morph's keybindings use the minecraft key sets (which it in turn gets from lwjgl).  You can find a list of them here; http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Key_codes

Edited by Loader

Sure - if you're in singleplayer the safest way is to move your world folder out of saves to make a backup, make a new world, then copy the old world data into it.  It should just work if you try to open up the world in the new version, but backup first.

In multiplayer, set up the new server the same way, then copy the world data back in from the old server.

Morph's keybindings use the minecraft key sets (which it in turn gets from lwjgl).  You can find a list of them here; http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Key_codes

I don't quite get it what u mean by copy the old world data into to it? 

Do I copy the all data inside the old folder and paste it to the new world folder because if I do, it will mentioned that some ID are mismatched.

Also,I have set the favourite morph code into 41 which is"~" but still doesnt work. 

Edited by lzklzk

I don't quite get it what u mean by copy the old world data into to it? 

Do I copy the all data inside the old folder and paste it to the new world folder because if I do, it will mentioned that some ID are mismatched.

Also,I have set the favourite morph code into 41 which is"~" but still doesnt work. 

I'm not sure what you're experiencing, but when I upgraded mine, I copied my entire world folder (in my case, called "Zombieland") in addition to all of the related DIM files (DIM1, DIM-1, etc.) over to the new server install.  I also copy things like white-list.txt, ops.txt, etc.  I never had any trouble with ID mismatches...  but maybe that's because I haven't gotten as far as you have...?

I'm not sure what you're experiencing, but when I upgraded mine, I copied my entire world folder (in my case, called "Zombieland") in addition to all of the related DIM files (DIM1, DIM-1, etc.) over to the new server install.  I also copy things like white-list.txt, ops.txt, etc.  I never had any trouble with ID mismatches...  but maybe that's because I haven't gotten as far as you have...?

I think you're talking about the multiplayer map. Well mine is singleplayer not multiplayer. 

I created a new world called "Test" and then copy the old data inside "New World" into "Test". But still giving me the ID mismatches

5812 from Mod Advancedgenetics is missing and 724 is mismatched between world and game.

Note: Bringing my old world from 1.0.6 to 1.0.9c

I think you're talking about the multiplayer map. Well mine is singleplayer not multiplayer. 

I created a new world called "Test" and then copy the old data inside "New World" into "Test". But still giving me the ID mismatches

5812 from Mod Advancedgenetics is missing and 724 is mismatched between world and game.

ah, sorry -- you're right.  I'm not much help with single-player.

Some things change in any update. If it's a minor update such as this one you can generally disregard these messages, especially if there's only one or two. Of course, always back up your world, and if you did anything with advanced genetics some items might dissapear, but overall your world will be unharmed.

The other day I updated my Tekkit world from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 and I got a few item ID mismatches, I loaded it up anyway and I could not detect any changes whatsoever.

Edited by dwwojcik