sawmill not extracting stuf

crusaderkvw

hey people, i have my base set up and running and thought it would be about dam time for me to increase wood yield per block and thus I made a sawmill.... now the problem is this: A, it doesn't extract at all(orange mode) or B, it does extract but to the wrong chest(wich has a blacklist setup for wood and byproduct).

here are some pics to clarify:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gaoadf1jha48y3t/2014-03-17_21.58.11.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ykwasfp1j5fsv1a/2014-03-17_21.58.16.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/da5ve31vy460v24/2014-03-17_21.58.35.png

sorry for links only, still haven't figured out how to copy over the pics themselves.

as you can see i do have sepperate transport lines but somehow it still manages to send the stuf(if it sends at all) through the wrong pipes(the furnace one).

If anyone know some more about this then please help me :).

You powered the outputs with pneumatic servos. This is not necessary with TE machines, and may even prevent output for some reason. Just place the itemducts without servos and don't wrench them to force-output.

Also what rogueclon said. You need to set the side(s) that you want to be output(s) to orange, or one of the separate output colours. Note that orange is meant to stuff all output types of a multi-result process into the same output, while you could also opt to use red and (forgot the the other colour) to have the machine separate its outputs. For a sawmill, you could i.e. tell it to output the planks to the right and the sawdust to the bottom.

You powered the outputs with pneumatic servos. This is not necessary with TE machines, and may even prevent output for some reason. Just place the itemducts without servos and don't wrench them to force-output.

Also what rogueclon said. You need to set the side(s) that you want to be output(s) to orange, or one of the separate output colours. Note that orange is meant to stuff all output types of a multi-result process into the same output, while you could also opt to use red and (forgot the the other colour) to have the machine separate its outputs. For a sawmill, you could i.e. tell it to output the planks to the right and the sawdust to the bottom.

that is what i was doing, altough output on the bottom would then interfere with the furnace pipes. so i actually don't need servo's to do the output thingy without a redstone power source.. hmmm.... interesting :). ahwell, i'm going to try the above and we'll see where that leads :D. thanks for the help yet again people!

so i tried what you guys said and well.... i now moved the sawmill 2 blocks to the right so as to prevent conflicts with the other lines but i still have a problem when the bottom is set to orange output: it doesn't output secondary products(the dust) if i ad a output side specifically for the saw dust then it doesn't output aswell. now i might aswell give you guys a copy of my world(so you can figure it out) but problem is: i don't know how to :P

p.s. i have tried almost any combiantion i could think of(with servo, without, with whitelists/blacklists, without them) and the sawmill just doesn't want to extract. not on red, not on yellow not even on orange extraction mode(combined)

little edit on my side here: tried to make the line shorter and now it does extract correctly.... is there a set range then????

edit edit: confirmed my first edit: when set to a pipe lenght of around 6-7 it does extract. but when the itemduct is like 10-12 in lenght it doesn't. is this a bug???

Edited by crusaderkvw

The servos are meant to output from storage units (strongboxes, chests) and non-TE blocks/machines. TE's own machines don't need them, that is why the Sawmill works fine without servos.

I am not aware of a line length limit, although there has to be one. Might it be that you placed the itemducts over a chunk border? That is known to cause problems in some situations. It would be strange if 10-12 block ducts were too long already.

If all else fails, use a buffer chest in the middle.

The servos are meant to output from storage units (strongboxes, chests) and non-TE blocks/machines. TE's own machines don't need them, that is why the Sawmill works fine without servos.

I am not aware of a line length limit, although there has to be one. Might it be that you placed the itemducts over a chunk border? That is known to cause problems in some situations. It would be strange if 10-12 block ducts were too long already.

If all else fails, use a buffer chest in the middle.

buffer chest... tried that.... didnt work :P

might be a chunk border, have to check on that. but i kinda tried everything hahaha :P ahhwell... replaced the sawmill with a second Rfurnace now.... still have 7.3 million RF in my reactor storage :P