Help With Tesseracts

bobination5

Hi everyone, new to tekkit and have been playing a survival world with a friend for a few days now.

I was on the wiki reading about tesseracts and magmatic engines and went and collected all the resources to make 2 liquid tesseracts, but now i can't figure out how to craft them, so I opened our world to cheats to see if i could cheat to get them and I couldn't find any type of tesseract in the NEI.

I'm going off of the recipe for tesseracts on the wiki, one diamond in the middle and 4 hardened glass and 4 tin ingots, what am I doing wrong?

I have been reading on the forums and online for a while now and can't find a solution.

any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

That's an old recipe. Now there is only one type of tesseract that can teleport fluids, energy and items, all at the same time. It is also much more expensive to make. Instead of tin ingots, it uses enderium ingots. 

Tesseracts have been changed in TE3, and unfortunately the wiki does not have anything about the (major) changes in that version. There is only one kind of Tesseract now, which combines all three functions. It is only obtainable once you have acquired a number of rare ingredients. Short guide to get Enderium Ingots here:

• obtain a few stacks of Ender Pearls - slaying Endermen, growing Ender Lilies, or crafting them with EE3 are possible options
  • build a Magma Crucible to melt the Pearls to Resonant Ender
  • build a Fluid Transposer next to it, to fill buckets with the liquid (four pearls to a bucket)
  • pulverize some tin for tin dust
  • obtain some Shiny dust by pulverizing Ferrous ore, or pulverize Shiny Ingots in case you found some in chests
  • craft Enderium Blend by placing three tin dusts, one shiny dust and a Resonant Ender bucket on a workbench
  • obtain Blaze Powder
  • pulverize some coal to get both Coal dust and Sulfur
  • obtain some Redstone dust
  • craft Pyrotheum dust from Blaze Powder, Redstone dust, Coal dust and Sulfur
  • smelt Enderium Blend together with Pyrotheum dust in an Induction Smelter to make Enderium Ingots

You see, that is a long shopping list, with many steps to get there. Only when you start producing Enderium, you are ready to make Tesseracts, and the "Resonant" versions of Strongboxes, Portable Tanks and Energy Cells. Worth it, but won't happen until you get things going in your world.

Good luck, though.

P.S.:

Might as well tell you the whole recipe.

• obtain some Obsidian and pulverize it for Obsidian dust
  • pulverize some Lead ore for Lead dust
  • smelt both in an Induction Smelter to get Hardened Glass
  • obtain a diamond
  • craft a Tesseract frame from diamond, Hardened Glass and Enderium Ingots
  • melt four Ender Pearls in a Magma Crucible
  • use your Fluid Transposer to fill the liquid into the Tesseract frame
  • obtain some Silver Ingots
  • obtain some tin and copper (no matter if dusts or ingots)
  • smelt copper and tin in an Induction Smelter for Bronze Ingots
  • finish the Tesseract by crafting the full frame with Silver and Bronze Ingots on a workbench
  • keep in mind that you need two for any meaningful application (sender and receiver)

That is why we call it a late game item.  ;-)

Edited by Curunir

Tesseracts have been changed in TE3, and unfortunately the wiki does not have anything about the (major) changes in that version. There is only one kind of Tesseract now, which combines all three functions. It is only obtainable once you have acquired a number of rare ingredients. Short guide to get Enderium Ingots here:

• obtain a few stacks of Ender Pearls - slaying Endermen, growing Ender Lilies, or crafting them with EE3 are possible options
  • build a Magma Crucible to melt the Pearls to Resonant Ender
  • build a Fluid Transposer next to it, to fill buckets with the liquid (four pearls to a bucket)
  • pulverize some tin for tin dust
  • obtain some Shiny dust by pulverizing Ferrous ore, or pulverize Shiny Ingots in case you found some in chests
  • craft Enderium Blend by placing three tin dusts, one shiny dust and a Resonant Ender bucket on a workbench
  • obtain Blaze Powder
  • pulverize some coal to get both Coal dust and Sulfur
  • obtain some Redstone dust
  • craft Pyrotheum dust from Blaze Powder, Redstone dust, Coal dust and Sulfur
  • smelt Enderium Blend together with Pyrotheum dust in an Induction Smelter to make Enderium Ingots

You see, that is a long shopping list, with many steps to get there. Only when you start producing Enderium, you are ready to make Tesseracts, and the "Resonant" versions of Strongboxes, Portable Tanks and Energy Cells. Worth it, but won't happen until you get things going in your world.

Good luck, though.

P.S.:

Might as well tell you the whole recipe.

• obtain some Obsidian and pulverize it for Obsidian dust
  • pulverize some Lead ore for Lead dust
  • smelt both in an Induction Smelter to get Hardened Glass
  • obtain a diamond
  • craft a Tesseract frame from diamond, Hardened Glass and Enderium Ingots
  • melt four Ender Pearls in a Magma Crucible
  • use your Fluid Transposer to fill the liquid into the Tesseract frame
  • obtain some Silver Ingots
  • obtain some tin and copper (no matter if dusts or ingots)
  • smelt copper and tin in an Induction Smelter for Bronze Ingots
  • finish the Tesseract by crafting the full frame with Silver and Bronze Ingots on a workbench
  • keep in mind that you need two for any meaningful application (sender and receiver)

That is why we call it a late game item.  ;-)

I had a feeling I wasn't giving the right recipe. That's what I get going from memory during breaks at work i guess.