any way to turn down the number of pixies in the paradise world?

Thomas Vuke

OK on my attack of the bteam server when players use the staff to go to the paradise or what ever world its called. That works fine, but once they arrive there they often complain of lag, and of there being hundreds if not thousands of pixies.

I have gone and looked myself and I have to admit there are a suprising number of pixies, and even my computer suddenly starts to render slowly there.

Is there some way to limit the number of these things that spawn?

ya.. same here  :? its very odd, cause the MCPc+ and spigot, and bukkit files are showing a line of code that is suppose to limit mob spawning

to whatever number you choose. in my case.. no more than 50 mobs. as I understand they way that works.

but, the pixies seem to not be recognized by bukkit. or MCPc+ very annoying.

the trick I did was .. I use Multiverse, so with multiverse I turned off mob spawning for that area. and I've added pixie spawner eggs to the vote reward system I use.i also use townys mob toggle ability to allow pixie spawning in a few key locations in that area.

that's the only thing I can think to tell you. Try using towny. its a nice plugin. really versatile. I've noticed many server owners using 3-4 plugins to do everything towny does in its one plugin. its harder, and takes more time to setup. but they payout is worth it.

You could try using CustomMobSpawner (download is in the MoCreatures thread). This allows you to define mob spawning amounts per-chunk for each mob from every mod in every world. It's only required on the server, and won't require any extra clientside downloads. I believe it was developed by bloodshot, the current MCPC+ developer.