Certain items are not craftable

Hey all,

I just started a server for my buddy and i to play on, and everything was going great until i tried to craft a backpack. In SSP i was able to do it just fine. I went to NEI cheat mode and it said the item ID couldn't be found. I knew the recipe, so i tried to just craft it in a crafting table. 7 leather, 1 gold, 1 wool. The item showed up in the crafting table but i couldn't get it into my inventory. Do I need to go into the config files or something? Did I miss something when I made the server?

Edited by georgeforeman89

Did you notice anything else that is not vanilla working?

Like finding other ores then the vanilla ones or a biome not included in vanilla?

If so its pretty likely you have used the wrong file to start your server.

Which file did u use to start your server?

minecraft_server.1.6.4.jar or BTeam.jar?

You should have used the BTeam.jar

Again, running the jar file directly is not intended to be the correct way to run the server and can cause issues.

Using the jar files directly is actually not correct. You should be using the "launch.bat" or "launch.sh" depending on windows/mac systems.

Again, running the jar file directly is not intended to be the correct way to run the server and can cause issues.

I don't believe any of us intended to suggest running the .jar file directly; however, thank you for clarifying this for others who might not have understood.