Increasing Permgen requirements

plowmanplow

• Discord Moderator

So, a couple times now I've started getting crashes on my BTeam server with an error that looks similar-ish to this:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/entity/CallableEntityTracker

After some debugging I ended up increasing the permgen allocation on the server from 128m to 256m. After a number of weeks (don't remember exact time) I started getting this again. Bumping the permgen from 256m to 384m made the problem go away again. Any ideas what is going on here? I don't really care that it needs to be higher (I have plenty of RAM) but just want to make sure something isn't going off the rails or getting ready to melt down.

Not sure if this will help but try starting your server with these parameters, I use this on my local server.

-XX:PermSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc

Among other things(which I wont pretend to know what exactly), it forces the java garbage collector to behave much more nicely with your memory.

Edited by Kr0nZ