My rocket exploded.

Derigar

I tried to move the fuel loader on my rocket launching pad, and when I did, the rocket exploded.

What the hell? How can I re-load the contents? It was filled to the brim. I've invested a lot of hours in filling this damn rocket, so is there a way to find out what was in it? At all? 

(this was all on my private server)

Typically when a ship blows up, it an all of its contents, are lost. I cannot say there has been a case that I've seen where contents then dropped from a ship that blew up. This includes when the lander lands on the moon and it blows up.

When I first crashed on the Moon and went back, I found tidbits of my stuff scattered all over the place.

I haven't actually heard of a Rocket blowing up on the Launch Pad, though.

I may try this in Creative to see if I can replicate it, however if it is due to just moving the Fuel Loader then just refrain from removing the Fuel Loader.

EDIT: I tried it twice, made a launch pad, put 2 different rockets on it (1 with no added chests the other with 3, containing assorted items) and neither of them exploded when I moved the Fuel Loader from the Launch Pad (meaning, I broke it with a Diamond Pickaxe and nothing happened).

If I've misinterpreted the details please let me know, but otherwise I don't know why it did that for you. I hope the issue gets resolved real soon.

Edited by Turgle

Well, I heard a lightning bolt after removing the fuel loader, and then fire appeared on the spot of the fuel loader. I've since just gone into creative and replaced from memory. My will to play further has disappeared, however, as I felt like I cheated. :(

Eh I gave myself a ton of stuff back when my rocket crashed on the moon. I didn't get the "Hold space to slow down" message until I was about to explode.