Galacticraft Getting Started

So, I'm trying to get going in Galacticraft, but cannot seem to get started at all. I built a pulverizer, got all of the exotic ingots, but following the recipe in the wiki is not resulting in a bench being made. Also, following the recipe for the heavy-duty plating isn't going anywhere either.

Kind of lost, suggestions?

So, thanks to the very helpful advice and tutorial, I built a rocket, oxygen stuff, and a whole pile of other resources. Launched, selected the moon, and looked away. Looked back and there was a giant red warning flashing that I was about to crash, and then I did...

Now, I am in an infinite cycle of death. I cannot run quickly enough to my crash site to pick up my precious, precious resources and oxygen before dying, and respawning on the moon, too far away to do anything useful.

Do I have to start a new game?

You can delete your player dat file for the world and you'll be reset as if you were going on there as new. However, this would mean anything on you would be lost (doesnt sound like theres anything atm to begin with) and if the chunks on the moon stay unloaded, your items should remain there until you visit again.

Don't forget - the overworld launch/moon landing destinations roughly correspond, so if you've made a big hole on the moon you might want to launch from 10 or so blocks away from where you launched from last time. ;)