Install Java 7 and uninstall Java 6 on OSX Mavericks

mrkirby173

Hello people of the forums,

So this is not my problem but a problem of my friends. Basically he cannot play my custom modpack because he requires java 7 (really CB [Chicken Bones]???). As his computer being OSX maverics, it wants to install Java 6 from Apple (First Big Mistake [Why apple why?]). So, what I want to know and I apolagize if this is a) The wrong subforum or B ) This question was asked before but how do I either run Java 7 alongside Java 6 or completely uninstall Java 6 from apple and install Java 7 from Oracle. (Why couldn't you do this in the first place Apple?) I have been googling for about 20-30 mins and all the stuff I found was how to uninstall java 7 on a mac and put java 6 in. The exact OPPOSITE of what I want.

Hello people of the forums,

So this is not my problem but a problem of my friends. Basically he cannot play my custom modpack because he requires java 7 (really CB [Chicken Bones]???). As his computer being OSX maverics, it wants to install Java 6 from Apple (First Big Mistake [Why apple why?]). So, what I want to know and I apolagize if this is a) The wrong subforum or B ) This question was asked before but how do I either run Java 7 alongside Java 6 or completely uninstall Java 6 from apple and install Java 7 from Oracle. (Why couldn't you do this in the first place Apple?) I have been googling for about 20-30 mins and all the stuff I found was how to uninstall java 7 on a mac and put java 6 in. The exact OPPOSITE of what I want.

I updated a Mac Java Version before, you just install Java 7 and it'll use that by default. The nice thing is if you ever need Java 6 it'll still be on the machine, no need to install it again or uninstall!

I updated a Mac Java Version before, you just install Java 7 and it'll use that by default. The nice thing is if you ever need Java 6 it'll still be on the machine, no need to install it again or uninstall!

I tried that. I downloaded the oracle java from their website and I even got a icon on system preferences saying that java 7u55 was installed but when I did "java -version" it still said java 6. Also, when I tried to run my mod pack again, it crashed with the "unsupported major.minor: 51.0 (I think)" error which means you need to update java and technic still recognizes java 6 as the default JRE