Increasing Daytime and Nightime and lowering spawn rate

Kootta

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to increase the day cycle on a server. Ive been on several and they somehow managed to increase the duration of a minecraft day. I'm also wondering if someone knew of way to decrease the spawn rate of monsters. Any help is appreciated.

Increasing day/night sounds like a plugin. Decreasing spawn chances also sounds like a plugin.

There would be hacky ways of doing this in vanilla Minecraft but it probably wouldnt be as smooth as you wanted. If you did want to do this using a vanilla system, you can create a clock that modifies time by changing it back by 1, 5, 10, etc every cycle (as long as the clock takes longer then the time it takes to advanced that amount + 1), this would effectively extend the day by that factor, along with the night. Then, using a night detector, you could then have another clock cycle the mob spawning game rule on/off so that mobs dont get a chance to do spawning half of the time, or however you set up the clock.

Increasing day/night sounds like a plugin. Decreasing spawn chances also sounds like a plugin.

There would be hacky ways of doing this in vanilla Minecraft but it probably wouldnt be as smooth as you wanted. If you did want to do this using a vanilla system, you can create a clock that modifies time by changing it back by 1, 5, 10, etc every cycle (as long as the clock takes longer then the time it takes to advanced that amount + 1), this would effectively extend the day by that factor, along with the night. Then, using a night detector, you could then have another clock cycle the mob spawning game rule on/off so that mobs dont get a chance to do spawning half of the time, or however you set up the clock.

Hmm, is it possible to use plugins with an ATB server then? I was on an ATB server and Im pretty sure they didn't use command blocks for extending the day cycle.

Hmm, is it possible to use plugins with an ATB server then? I was on an ATB server and Im pretty sure they didn't use command blocks for extending the day cycle.

I only offered the vanilla system as a backwards vanilla method for extending time. There is also a gamerule where doDaylightCycle could be toggle on/off to extend the day (which would make it a little smoother then pushing back time), so a single clock with two command blocks setting doDaylightCycle on/off could be done (issue with this is that it would appear that time stops briefly until it starts up again, which may not be an issue visually since it wont look like its jerking backwards)