Is there a way I can stop players from digging beneath a certain height?

Mobio

I'm sure it can be done, I'm just not sure how to accomplish this. I'd like to keep players from digging more than 1 or 2 blocks down in the entire Minecraft world. Can this be accomplished in a non-superflat world?

Edited by Mobio

Not really. I've never seen a mod or plugin which would address this.

Well thanks for the quick response! I looked around a lot before asking, but didn't come up with anything. I thought maybe I was just searching wrong. 

I am a bit surprised bedrock height can't be set by any mod or world-generator. It seems like someone would have made this happen by now. The closest solution I've found is importing a superflat world into a regular world with MCedit (untested), but I have zero experience with MCedit and I was hoping for a more straightforward solution. Anyhow, thanks again man. 

Well thanks for the quick response! I looked around a lot before asking, but didn't come up with anything. I thought maybe I was just searching wrong. 

I am a bit surprised bedrock height can't be set by any mod or world-generator. It seems like someone would have made this happen by now. The closest solution I've found is importing a superflat world into a regular world with MCedit (untested), but I have zero experience with MCedit and I was hoping for a more straightforward solution. Anyhow, thanks again man. 

the only way to do this is by hiring a custom plugin developer to code it for you. The reason you don't find a plugin like this around is, how many servers are looking for a 2 block deep bedrock world? :P

In 1.2.5 ccsensors there was a way to check players positions, i dont know if the newer version of this mod have that, but if it has it you could connect a command block to a computer and tp a player to the surface when he reach certain layer...

i know its just an idea and not a solution, but its a start... im gona check if theres a recent cc plugin that can scan players globally

Edited by TrovaGamer