Sphax Issue

Jonbeez

Hello. Sorry if this is an inappropriate place to post this issue, but I couldn't find any answers anywhere online!

I've recently had a massive urge to start playing Tekkit again, and the addition of Galacticraft and stuff made me even more excited. I downloaded and installed Tekkit absolutely fine, but I absolutely hate the Default Texture pack of Minecraft. So naturally I went to install Sphax with the Tekkit Patch. I put the Tekkit Patch into the standard Sphax TP like tutorials told me to. 

I then moved the TP into the resource pack folder within the .technic folder. I then booted up Tekkit, and the texture pack was there in the resource pack bit, but when I clicked it to change it, the game either crashed, or just froze for a bit before unfreezing but with the default look of Minecraft selected. I started a new world with the default texture pack to make sure everything was working fine, and it was. 

Has anyone had the same issue? Or can anyone give me a definitive Sphax pack that has the majority of Tekkit textures? It's literally the only thing that's stopping me from playing  :(

Thanks!

• Discord Moderator
  • How much memory does your PC have?
  • How much memory are you allocating in the Launcher?
  • What resolution of Sphax textures are you trying to use?
  • Are you able to use the Sphax for vanilla pack by itself?
  • Are you certain you are combining and zipping up the Tekkit texture pack properly?

I have 8GB of RAM, The launcher won't let me allocate anymore than 1GB for some reason. I was trying to use 128x128 texture pack size. Yeah, the normal Sphax pack works fine in vanilla and I'm pretty sure I combined the folders correctly, I just used a video tutorial and copied it exactly! Thankyou for your quick reply.

• Discord Moderator

If you have 8G of RAM and the launcher won't let you allocate more than 1G then you don't have 64bit Java installed. Uninstall all versions of Java on your system and download the 64bit JRE for Java 7 (not Java 8) for Windows x64 and install that. Then set your Launcher to 2-3G if you plan on using a 128x texture pack.