Odd Server problem

Sulhythal

Not sure if this is the right place for this...

Ok, so I recently just spent the day trying to update to update my small server to 1.7.2 and basicly got a headache for my trouble.  After a bunch of trials and tribulations I got the modpack working and joined the server to test it out.  Near as I can tell, the server CLAIMS to have the mods...but isn't using them in some way? 

I mean that if I'm missing one mod from the modpack, I can't join the server.  However, once logged in, none of the world generation from the mods are there, I can't give myself items from the mods(the error I get is "No such item ID" or something like that)  Just took another glance at it, and apparently it's only some that aren't working.  Botania and Thaumcraft are not, but Tinker's Construct at least gave me that first book.  The non-working mods are in the correct folder. 

In singleplayer, everything is working fine. 

I'm sure I'm making some boneheaded mistake somewhere, but if someone can help me shed some light on this problem it'd be appreciated. 

• Discord Moderator

If you have a modded client and can connect to a server one of two things is happening:

1. The server has all the exact same mods, versions, and configs as your modded client.
  2. The server has the same vanilla version of Minecraft but is not running Forge.

Your scenario sounds like #2.

Thanks for the reply!   But it WAS actually me being a bonehead.  a combination of forgetting the current (at the time) world had been created prior to the mods(coulda swore I switched that out...) being added and me not realizing that the version of NEI I was using(I think it's still the current one?  must check that.) cheat mode was not working for creating items.  That was why it kept throwing the id error at me.  Once it made a new world, everything was perfectly fine. 

If you have a modded client and can connect to a server one of two things is happening:

1. The server has all the exact same mods, versions, and configs as your modded client.
  2. The server has the same vanilla version of Minecraft but is not running Forge.

Your scenario sounds like #2.

i agree with you.