Hexxit crashes when i try and play my world with sphax

ianwolf0321

:frogdowns:  i'm not sure if maybe the files are corrupted or i downloaded the wrong file but for some reason every time i open hexxit i have to take out my sphax texture pack out of the folder and put it back in when hexxit has fully loaded(otherwise it wont load to menu and crash), i can be on the menu screen(when I've selected sphax) just fine but when i launch my world with the texture pack it doesn't give any sign that the world is loading and than it gives me the mine craft has crashed screen so if any one could give me a solution that would be great.

here are some details: texture pack: SphaxPureBDCraft64x(with the hexxit sphax texture pack extracted into it),I use Technic to launch hexxit, The texture pack did work the first two times, after that it started crashing.

any way that's my problem, i hope you guys can help me fix it :)  :parrot:

• 4 weeks later...

Me too.This is what it said when it crashed: 

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Ticking screen

A full error report has been saved to C:UsersKarenAppDataRoaming.technicmodpackshexxitcrash-reportscrash-2014-06-21_22.15.28-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

*snip*
Edited by Munaus

My problem happened when I used the same texture pack. I'm having the same problems with crashing like Ianwolf and my hexxit started crashing after using the same texture pack. So what I'm saying is I did the same thing as him and the same thing is happening to my Hexxit like Ianwolf. I,m sorry if I'm being disrespectful.

• 3 weeks later...

What version of java are you running, in order to effectively run hexxit, especially to run sphax, you need the 64 bit version, because the texture pack needs access to more than a gigabyte of memory to run, unfortunately a gigabyte is the max you can access with the 32 bit version of java, simply go to the below link and click download to get the 64 bit offline version then go to your technic launcher and click the gear icon in the upper right hand corner, from there just change the ram settings to at least two gigabytes of ram that should solve your problem.  let me know if that doesn't work and I'll talk to some friends of mine who know this stuff better than I do. 

• 4 weeks later...