IC2: MFE consumption confusion

I have the following setup:

1 MV Solar array -- fiber optic cable --> MFE --- 2x Ins gold cable -->  LV transformer (output 1)----> copper insulated cable --> compressor -> rotary macerator 7500 RPM --> extractor --> 2x Ins gold cable --> Induction Furnace

(output 2) ---- 2x Ins gold cable --- copper insulated cable --> electric furnace

MFEproblem1.png

MFEproblem2.png

MFEproblem3.png

MFEproblem4.png

The problem is that usually when I come to my MFE at a random point in time, I find my MFE to be nearly depleted/empty (after a good amount of time, let's say around 1 Minecraft day).

I am looking for a scientific explanation as to why this is happening. This is odd, especially because the two other players in the server have no MFE problems like I am having.

I have tried to figure it out using the following information (assuming my data and calculations are correct):

1 second = 20 MC ticks

1 Minecraft day (dusk+night+dawn) = 10 minutes = 10*60s = 600s*20 = 12000t

probability of rain = don't know

copper insulated cable EU/tick loss = around 1 EU/t

2xIns gold cable EU/tick loss = around 1 EU/t

Constantly on:

-rotary macerator at 7500 RPM -> 3 EU/t

-Induction furnace 100% heat -> 1 EU/t

-MFE: 128 EU/t output

-MV Solar Array: 64 EU/t output

Calculation:

Machines and cables: 128 EU/t + 3 EU/t + 1 EU/t + 1 EU/t + 1 EU/t  <-> 134 EU/t

Loss of EU per tick = 134 EU/t - 64 EU/t = 70 EU/t

Loss of EU per night (solar array not operating) = 70 EU/t * 12000t = 840K EU

134EU/64= I need 2.09 (3) MV solar arrays to keep this energy consumption up without losing energy.

Are my calculations incorrect? I don't know why my MFE is almost always nearly empty when I come and check it.

Do I need more MV solar arrays?

If anyone could explain this to me I would be thankful.

Thank you.

Edited by 1347

• Discord Moderator

Insulated Copper Cable loses 1 EU every 5 blocks. If you go less than 5 blocks you lose nothing.

2x Insulated Gold Cable loses 1 EU every 2.5 blocks. If you go 2 blocks or less you lose nothing.

Assume that it's going to rain at least 10% of the daytime on average so a MV array will give you something like 28 EU/t averaged out over time.

You say that you are losing 4 EU/t to machine sustainment so that leaves you with 24 EU/t. Just from the screen shots it looks like you might be losing a fair amount to cable loss, but you'd have to be using a lot to add up to 24 EU/t. That being said, it wouldn't take much use of the machines at all to eat up the slack there.