I can't log into the luncher

Kat-Skittychu

Hi, I hope this is the right area to place this question, but I just downloaded the launcher, and every time I try to log into it with my minecraft name, it gives me this message

"Invalid credentials. Invalid Username or password"

and I just fixed my password on the minecraft sight and was able to log into my account on the launcher for minecraft but can't seem to get on this one, and I'm not sure what to do.. I'm a bit confused.. 

Do i use the name I just created here?

cause my son's been wanting to use mods and I just can't figure out how to use any of these things and this one won't even let me log into it.

No, the tekkit launcher wants your mine craft name. 

An issue may be it won't accept your email you NEED the MC username. Or maybe theres an issue with spaces and _ s.

A cracked (free/fake/pirated) account is also non-tekkit compatible. But sense your account is running on MC.com I don't see why ..

The name you just created here is used only for here, not for the launcher… 

Uh… Capitalisation errors can be an issue… If it's saying it can't reach mine craft.net that's just a mc.net issue and you just need to wait until it fixes it's self in an hour or so… Hmm...

I use my user name Skittychu83 and my password which not saying.. but any ways it keeps giving me that message.. a friend told me about this so I decided I'd try it but I swear it hates my log in name or something.

I've used tried my email for user name still nothing.. password I just changed to make sure I had it right. I don't have any spaces in my user name

He is but it doesn't work… Well if you're 100%sure you've typed it in EXACTLY as it's says, capitalization counts in passwords as well, and you're 100% sure you've got a regular 25$ minecraft premium account (the basic version) it should work… 

Yup all is the same, I don't have any caps in my password its all lowercase and numbers and yup we got a card from game stop and downloaded the game onto our pc like 2 months ago.

Do I need to be logged out of my mojang account to log into this thing?

hmmm that's odd now it works, I decided to use my email instead of my account name and it worked..but why would it work with email.. when I tried last night and it didn't work.. thanks ya, it can be locked or what ever.. I was lost and confused, but hopefully now I can get threw this and make it work for my son, and maybe me if I can understand the controls right for this game.. I wish I had a controller like for the ps3 does.. or would a game controller work for this? I mean for MInecraft

You could hook up a controller, but you may want to learnt use the keyboard because many mods introduce new keys needed.. 

You can change the controls in the options menu to… It's basic WASD controls at default.. ESC is the pause menu, E is the inventory menu, Q drops an Item, LShift puts one into sneak mode… SPACE jumps… / is used for commands like /give ____ ### %%%%  or /gamemode c (god mode). I personally  use the numbers to swap between items rather then the scroll method… 

Other things like Morph will require { } s or things like REi's minimap use M or B for their menus… But generally the main two commands you need are right mouse click to place a block/ use a block and left click for punching a block. 

Also yeah, if you're logged into minecraft in another window it's not going to open here…. 

Huh… I guess email does work… My bad, I've alway's used my UN...

Edited by Stop mocking me0

username is used for old, legacy accounts that haven't been migrated to the new (as of like over a year ago) system.  mine is still like that as well, but anyone who has bought MC recently uses their email address and not the user name.

as for a controller, I don't recommend it for a few reasons:

1) keyboard+ mouse is an objectively superior control scheme for first person games.

2) there are a ton of keybinds, far more than you can fit on a controller.

3) there is no auto-aim or aim assist in the pc version, which will make any kind of precision aiming very hard with a controller i.e. using a bow

use the keyboard. your son will pick it up in no time flat, I'm sure.