power production mid game to late game

crusaderkvw

If you already set up the (massive) water feed to keep your Reactor going, piping water back from the Turbines is not necessary. But you could opt to avoid building the water feed altogether if you create a closed water<>steam loop. A single Accumulator would be enough to get started, as the system doesn't lose (much?) water in a closed loop.

• 2 weeks later...

An 8x8x8 passive reactor can produce enough (20,000) RF/t on its own to power a single laser. The ones I did recently actually overshoot by a tiny amount, but with foci they have net positive yellorium generation.

You don't actually require a turbine setup, it's just more efficient. I have the output fuel being converted to cyanite to power a 10k output base reactor (with positive buildup of cyanite). But I intend to create a massive 32cubed passive reactor later (just because I can). Turnbines are for people with patience I guess.

I use a 12x12x12 passive with a 6x6 rod group in the middle and cryotheum coolant throughout. With all rods at 90% I generate just shy of 30K RF/t and burn up 0.2mB/t of fuel. It's set to activate only when the battery falls below 90% though so it's only active every few seconds. I have the drill's foci split between white and cyan (I need quartz for AE and cyan also gives yellorium) and I'm still getting more yellorium than I'm using. I could probably bump the rods to 70% or even 60% and still make enough yellorium to keep it running indefinitely.

While a turbine would certainly look sweet I just can't be bothered with setting up the liquid management required for it or making enough enderium blocks (because I don't do things halfway :P ).

Good luck building your 32 cube Auto. I did it in creative while my server was down but got tired of trying to find the optimal rod:coolant ratio to get it around 900C. Most of the variations I tried ended up closer to double that lol. Filling that thing with cryotheum was a giant pain even with floodgates. I put 16 of them on it and it still took like 20 minutes.

Edited by Digdug83

I use a 12x12x12 passive with a 6x6 rod group in the middle and cryotheum coolant throughout. With all rods at 90% I generate just shy of 30K RF/t and burn up 0.2mB/t of fuel. It's set to activate only when the battery falls below 90% though so it's only active every few seconds. I have the drill's foci split between white and cyan (I need quartz for AE and cyan also gives yellorium) and I'm still getting more yellorium than I'm using. I could probably bump the rods to 70% or even 60% and still make enough yellorium to keep it running indefinitely.

While a turbine would certainly look sweet I just can't be bothered with setting up the liquid management required for it or making enough enderium blocks (because I don't do things halfway :P ).

Good luck building your 32 cube Auto. I did it in creative while my server was down but got tired of trying to find the optimal rod:coolant ratio to get it around 900C. Most of the variations I tried ended up closer to double that lol. Filling that thing with cryotheum was a giant pain even with floodgates. I put 16 of them on it and it still took like 20 minutes.

Actually I'm trying to figure out whether diamond may be better form an efficiency standpoint in terms of output (better heat->power ration from what I can tell) but I'm working on it. I finally have the material for the baseplate lol

I'm gonna build it one row at a time and start by optimizing the baseplate, since vertical growth should have minimal effect on the heat of the reactor itself. The result is going to be a massively huge reactor hopefully with good stats.