Tekkit memory Increase problem on mac

Fishie_

Hi, I tried increasing the memory of my server (hosted on home mac) but when I do it keeps giving the "Reached end of stream for /XXx.XXX.XXx.XxX etc" and wont appear online when on multiplayer menu but If i run it normally (loading the tekkit.jar)  it works fine the way I'm trying to do it is below.

#!/bin/bash
cd "$( dirname "$0" )"
java -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar Tekkit.jar

I also did the chmod a+x  to give it permission, Any idea why it works with the default amount but not when I try to give it more?

Thanks.

• Discord Moderator

Are you saying that it works when you just "run" the Tekkit.jar file or that the above script works as long as you don't have the starting/max memory arguments on the command line in the script?

If you just type "java -version" in a shell terminal what do you get as the result? How much memory is in your system?

Yeah if I just run Tekkit.jar it loads and works fine If I try to use a script no matter the memory size it wont allow me or anyone else to connect to the server it just says its down.

java version "1.6.0_65"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_65-b14-462-11M4609)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.65-b04-462, mixed mode)

I have 8GB of ram

• Discord Moderator
  • Assuming you are running Technic's Tekkit (main) pack I would recommend setting the memory to no less than 1536M and preferably 2G.
  • You may have better luck using the latest Java 7 64bit JRE for your OS.
  • I don't run anything on a Mac, but this "may" be something firewall related as it is possible that it is treating the script-started service differently than if you just "run" the Tekkit.jar file. This is just educated speculation.

I was just helped with a similar problem, mine turned out to be an error with Mr. crayfish's furniture mod. Removing that mod from the server fixed the problem. If that's not it posting a crash report will help.

Alternative: I also have 8GB of RAM and I've found that allocating 4-6GB to the server makes it work best and you can still have other programs running in the background.