Diamonds?

Nymru

Yeah I noticed haha. Problem with the pump is that you have to relocate it all the time if the oil field is too large, or if you have multiple oil fields. 

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm trying to find emerald now for the tinker table as well, and reading the alchemy guide.

Thanks for all the tips guys. I'm trying to find emerald now for the tinker table as well, and reading the alchemy guide.

I'm a environmentalist so I like animals... My favourite are turtles... Especially mining turtles :) You can give them a try and all you need is a stack of coal for fuel and some chests (vanilla chests). Go down to level.. lets say 11 or 12 and put one down standing in front of a wall, give the poor animal some coal and type 'tunnel 64' and hit enter. They are waterproof and lava-proof (but you aren't). They have a finite inventory, empty it regularly and put torches down. Try the Extreme Hills biome for emeralds (levels 4 to 32). You won't need to dig through 30 or 40 layers of stone and burn all the energy for quarries. With more you can do miracles but you will burn your food watching over their inventory an trying to keep up with them or.. Find some village to trade. Don't get lost. Mark your home on the minimap.

Edit: You can compress cobble if inventory space is low.

Edit 2: In my early game when a turtle opened a cave I've blocked the entrance with some not typical underground block, lets say.. wood and later when the turtles finished their work and I've got some armor opened those places and mine them out.

Edit 3: Note that turtles reset their work when you save and exit the game (in singleplayer).

Edited by bochen415

Emeralds:

1: If you have only the vanilla biomes(terrain types), you need to look for emeralds by mining under extreme hills biomes.  They are less common then even diamonds. 

2: Or, better option, find some villagers.  You should be able to find some that will trade you emeralds for stuff you already have.  You will want to keep these villagers protected(indoors), so they do not get killed by the zombies that will raid their village nightly.