Need Help With Server!

Hey guys, well I created (attempted) a minecraft forge server for my custom modpack, but it will not work. The first one that I did was working but when I got on the server with my friends, it would not be modded, just vanilla. The second time, I just couldn't connect. Could someone help me and teach me step by DETAILED step how to do this? And if anyone is nice enough to talk to me and do it with/for me in which they will be invited to the server. I just really need it so any advice would help. And another question, do I need the modder's library mods in the thing aswell? Thanks guys, I hope you can help me! 

• Discord Moderator
  1. Make sure your client pack is working well. No unresolved item ID conflicts (check your FML client log).
  2. Create a folder for your server. We'll refer to that as SERVER.
  3. Install Forge server into that folder. http://files.minecraftforge. http://files.minecraftforge.net/
  4. Copy the config and mods folders (and any other pack specific top level folders like Flan or Chocolate) to SERVER.
  5. Remove any client only mods from SERVERmods. This would be things like DamageIndicators, ArmorStatusHUD, BloodParticles, Optifine, etc.
  6. Start server with a command like: java -Xmx2G -Xms2G -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -jar forge.jar nogui

That's it.

Ok i cant do it, ive tried 10000 times i cant fucking do this shit. I need it now and it is not working the way that it should. heres the platform url to my private modpack, someone please make it and upload the server files to dropbox or some thing like that and post the link in the comments. please im deperate and i dont have time. thanks.

platform url: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/mkdavidaustimyerjaycool

• Discord Moderator

I'll audit the pack (hopefully in the next 24 hours) to make sure it's 100% good to go. If not, I'll give you things you need to fix in the client. After it's 100% It takes like 2 minutes to make the pack so I'll either give you explicit instructions specific to your pack or just make it and give you a link.

Client pack:

• Your bin folder should ONLY contain the modpack.jar file. Remove all that other stuff.
  • The "flan" folder should be "Flan" (note the capital F).
  • You have item ID conflicts between: Flan's & Crayfish Furniture Mod
  • Your pack has IDFixMinus in it. You should never include this in a pack which is intended to be used with/on a server. IDFixMInus should "fix" your configs (although it obviously misses some things) and then be removed. Having it in your pack when trying to use a server will often end with ID mismatches between server and client.
  • You need to remove MDK (Mekanism Development Kit) and Universal Electricity API.

You really need to fix those item IDs. The Flan folder will only be an issue if someone on a Mac or Linux PC try to use your pack.

Will update this with the server stuff once I get that far. In the meantime go ahead and fix those issues.

Edit:

Okay, I've got the server figured out. Removing those two APIs and MapWriter (client only) lets it start up fine, but there may be a block ID conflict. Not sure why that didn't show up in the client. At any rate, once you've fixed all the above issues and have a new download just let me know and I'll whip up the server.

Edited by plowmanplow

i tried making the server jar, but it didnt work,  eh ill just wait since you said you could make it :) you are extremely helpful in this kind of stuff. are you staff here, because if you arnt, you should  be because you help the people(player) more than them!

Edited by MKDArchitect11