HELP!!! Can't find my Minecraft map/using Technic Launcher (Win8.1 64-bit/Bootcamped on Macbook)

SgtKilgore406

Let me start off by explaining what happened. I am still new with Mac's and figured that partitioning a HDD was the same as on a PC. Well what I didn't know is when I shrunk my OS X partition it broke my PMBR (Protected Master Boot Record) for my Bootcamped Windows. I can no longer boot Windows but can still access the partition from OS X. What is making this difficult is I do not see where my precious world was saved. I know normal Minecraft saves in Roaming but I cannot find a saved world in the .technic folder (located in Roaming). The only way I can fix my predicament is to delete my Bootcamp partition and start from scratch with Windows. What I need help with is locating where my map got saved. I have placed more than 70,000 blocks and I really do not want to lose it as it has memories. If you guys need me to I can hook up the HDD to a working PC so I can access the partition with Windows if OS X won't work. Please help me!!!!

Thank You,

SgtKilgore406

There's not much advantage in using it outside of the mac, you'd need to get HFS+ drivers to see the stuff on there anyway (unless bootcamp is using a 'real' NTFS partition on that same drive).  Just use the mac, assuming you're comfortable doing searching and copying on it.

What pack are you using?  Some are in the .technic folder (.technic/hexxit for example) while others are in the modpacks folder (.technic/modpacks/attack-of-the-bteam for example).  Once you've found the mod folder, in there should be a saves folder which contains the worlds.

Once you've found it, zip up that whole saves folder and copy it to the mac partition.  Later when you want to use it you can unzip it back to the new bootcamp installation and shouldn't have any issues.  In future, I'd consider running the standalone server application locally, then connecting to it on that same computer to play single player that way (through the 'multiplayer' option in minecraft).  This setup not only splits up the memory into chunks and works better for multithreading than minecraft does on its own (meaning you get more stuff in your world before it starts to lag), but gives you an easy entire folder you can backup from time to time to have a complete working copy of your world (or set it up with a plugin/mod to handle the backup for you if you're really keen).

Thank you so much!!!!!! I never thought to look in the modpacks folder. I currently have my world saved and can now fix Bootcamp. I can even begin to explain how happy I am right now!!!! I do have a question, how do I set up that whole server thing "through the 'multiplayer' option. I have never built a server so I really do not know where to look.

If it's just for you and your LAN, it's a simple matter of;

1. Downloading the server files
  2. Extract them somewhere
  3. Run launch.bat (or launch.sh on a mac)
  4. Connect to it in minecraft's multiplayer using the address 127.0.0.1 (this is a special address that just loops back to your own computer).

To update the server when versions change;

1. Rename your existing server folder (it's going to be a backup now)
  2. Download and extract the new server version to a new folder
  3. Copy the world folder from your old server folder to the new one you've just made
  4. Run the server - it should detect the world folder, apply any changes it needs for the new version, and use that (another advantage of doing it this way is if anything goes wrong you still have that untouched backup you can return to - you don't have that if you keep it in singleplayer and don't do backups manually).