Question about the map and playing on another server.

Blacklight9

I was playing on an "Attack of the B-Team" server for a long time and I had revealed a large portion of the map.  I then started up a brand new server with a new map on another computer.  What happened was that when I looked at the map, the new map was revealed and had all the waypoints of the other map on it.  What happened?  How do I fix this?  And more importantly, how do I make sure that this doesn't happen to my players who log into it?

Edited by Blacklight9

Mapwriter saves the map info based on the map name, which it generates based on the IP of the computer it's connecting to.  If you shut down a server then connect to another one on the same computer (both client and server) then it'll find the existing map and load that.

I'm pretty sure it can only happen if you put up a different server on the same port/IP that your client has seen before.

Mapwriter takes the name of the server IP and Port in order to get its folder name, meaning a server with IP 23.51.62.123 on port 25565 will generate a folder named 23_51_62_123_25565 - and if the map is changed without the IP or Port changing, itll see it as existing. Going to the clients saves folder you will find the mapwriter_* folders, one for sp and one for mp, going into the mp one and deleting the IP & Port folder there will reset it.