Will there be a Tekkit World-Converter for 1.1 worlds?

That is when the 1.2.5 client comes out of testing that is. My friend of mine has a 1.1 world (with the apatite ore and all that sort of thing... now the thing i'm wondering is: Is there plans to make a server-world upgrade tool? Something that removes all Forestry items from the world, and upgrades/switches the item-ids of all items in chests and the actual placed items/entities in the world?

I just tested the conversion on our old world and it seems to work. Though for it to work you MUST DESTROY ANY AND ALL FORESTRY ITEMS otherwise when you get to a chunk that has them your game will die. Stuff like highspeed railcraft rails got switched to use a different block system so those were all blank but thats not a huge issue for us at least.

That is when the 1.2.5 client comes out of testing that is. My friend of mine has a 1.1 world (with the apatite ore and all that sort of thing... now the thing i'm wondering is: Is there plans to make a server-world upgrade tool? Something that removes all Forestry items from the world, and upgrades/switches the item-ids of all items in chests and the actual placed items/entities in the world?

when he means friend he means me! :D

HI draco! funny i found your forum topic while checking mine :3 anyway we were wondering this because we dont want our work to be for nothing o and fwi only items we have from forstry at all is apitie ore we havent built a single forestry item allthough i cant say for everybody......... ill have to check around

He probably means he just loaded the world in MC1.2.5 and saw what happenned :)

It's worth bearing in mind that the tekkit 3.0 client is still in development and AFAIK they haven't finished deciding on/adding mods to it yet. So whatever you can or cannot get working now is a moot point.

As for forestry being removed how much of a big deal it is will depend on whether the block IDs it currently uses are recycled to a new mod. If they are your map could have serious issues. Probably the only safe way to deal with those blocks is to remove them all from your world before moving the map to a new server.