How to install GLSL shaders in Tekkit

this time needs bo.class copied to modpack.jar from minecraft.jar too.

well, I got the installer to patch, and added the shader files, and tekkit still runs! but, no shaders visible... so not working for some reason,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was able to get Sonic Ether's GLSL shaders working with Tekkit just fine for the most part. There's just two areas that cause me to whitescreen when I go to them. One is a large volcano base I built with my friends. The other area is a big volcano with nothing built on it. So far that's it. I've flown around for miles in various directions and been through the Nether without any whitescreen crashes, but once it starts loading my base or that one particular volcano, it whitescreens. I wonder if it has to do with volcanoes? I'm not sure because I found several volcanoes when I was flying around and didn't crash. I don't think it's biome related either since I'm fairly certain I went through every biome on my test flight. My initial suspicion was that it had something to do with some kind of machinery, but I've visited a few other player's bases so far, and they have machinery running, industrialcraft stuff as well as buildcraft stuff and pipes. I could also observe working redpower pipes. No crashes there. I'm at a loss to figure out what the cause is. Any ideas? It may be wishful thinking, but if I can find the cause maybe I can make a fix, or at the very least the information could help someone with more modding skill make a fix. Note that I'm using the 1.2.5 version of the shaders since Tekkit is currently using Minecraft 1.2.5.

In the meantime, it seems the best option for those who want to enjoy Tekkit with these shaders is to just have two versions of modpack.jar. One with the GLSL stuff modded onto it and an unmodded one. If you run into an area that GLSL causes you to whitescreen on, swap modpacks and reconnect. When you're out of that area and want the pretty visuals again, swap back to your GLSL modpack. Not convenient, but it works.

Update: I think I've figured out what causes GLSL to crash in Tekkit. I think it's the miniblocks (when you cut up certain blocks with saws). If there are too many in one chunk, GLSL crashes when it tries to render the chunk. I think this is the case because GLSL crashed when I was making a large floor out of quarter blocks and then was stable again after I removed the floor using a non-GLSL build. As long as I don't use more miniblocks in that chunk, I can run GLSL without crashing.

• 1 month later...

White crashes are still ocurring for me, tested in single player and microblocks didnt seem to make a difference, but as soon as i log into the mulitplayer server, 8 seconds later i get a white screen. I've tried to move away from any source of machinery or similar, but it remains the same.

Ideas?

Make sure your detail level is set to Fast. If it's still crashing, try disabling the shaders and logging in, then moving away from the chunk in question (preferably into the wilderness far enough that the chunk doesn't load anymore), and then activate the shaders and relog in. If it doesn't crash for a few minutes, but then crashes if you go back to the chunk you were in when it did crash, it could be some other block in Tekkit causing it, or someone might have used alot of microblocks underground. Even if you don't actually see them, underground blocks still get rendered by Minecraft.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is a pretty old post, but I'm pretty set on getting this to work:

So is it confirmed that the shaders modding is incompatible with a tekkit version such as 3.1.2 [MC 1.2.5] (the current Rec. Build) ?

I've followed the steps that call for moving the class files from the minecraft.jar to the modpack.jar, but in case I'm doing it incorrectly, this is my process:

-Open both minecraft.jar and modpack.jar with Archive Utility (I'm on a Mac)

-Rename the original .jar files as "minecraft(/modpack)BACKUP.jar"

-Copy the designated ".class" files from the "minecraft.jar "into the "modpack" folder (the archived folder containing the files from the "modpack.jar")

-I then go into the "modpack" folder, select all files, and compress them; this creates a "Archive.zip" file, which I then rename as "modpack.jar" and place in the "bin" folder.

-After these modifications, I open the Shaders "INSTALLER.jar" program thing I downloaded and select "File: Import.." where i select the MC 1.2.5 version of Shaders.n2 file I downloaded from the other page. I target the new "modpack.jar" I created and it seems to install.

But when I open the game I see absolutely no change...*sigh* Please let me know if I've done anything wrong or if I'm just wasting my time and should wait until it's an included option for the game.

why not just go with feedthebeast launcher? direwolf20's pack has all the mods from technic and more, and it's minecraft 1.4.6 and shaders work. you can disable any mods you don't want in the launcher too (and they got forestry, with permission)

why not just go with feedthebeast launcher? direwolf20's pack has all the mods from technic and more, and it's minecraft 1.4.6 and shaders work. you can disable any mods you don't want in the launcher too (and they got forestry, with permission)

Haha, after posting this I decided to try Feed The Beast (which I've played before and like a little better.)

Have you done this? If so can you tell me briefly how you installed the shaders?

well it's outdated...

basically what I did to get shaders working... I got the RC6 zip from Sonic ethers fb page, I got kryonix's latest zip from minecraftforums, and the right version of optifine.

then I merged the shadermod into optifine zip, then I got the shaders from the shaders folder into the shaders folder now in optifine zip (fsh and vsh files)

after this all you need to do is put the final zip into the instMods folder in the modpack you choose (probably direwolf20 as thats 1.4.6 which the latest shadermod is for)

then you apply the texture pack and change settings to whats in the readme from the shaders rc6 zip, or you get blue/red tint all over.

well it's outdated...

basically what I did to get shaders working... I got the RC6 zip from Sonic ethers fb page, I got kryonix's latest zip from minecraftforums, and the right version of optifine.

then I merged the shadermod into optifine zip, then I got the shaders from the shaders folder into the shaders folder now in optifine zip (fsh and vsh files)

after this all you need to do is put the final zip into the instMods folder in the modpack you choose (probably direwolf20 as thats 1.4.6 which the latest shadermod is for)

then you apply the texture pack and change settings to whats in the readme from the shaders rc6 zip, or you get blue/red tint all over.

I'm having trouble finding the "kryonix" zip file. All I find when I search "kryonix" in the forums is someone with a pony profile picture. With this aside I followed those directions and I'm still getting no results. There's a good chance my graphics card won't be able to handle it, but my game isn't crashing or anything, because the game isn't recognizing that it's installed. :/

having read the 3 pages i still dont get if it's possible to run this with actual tekkit version or not...

Could any of you confirm if the shaders work with tekkit?

If yes, please a step by step description, or even better a packed modpack.jar or optifine+shaders or anything needed to run this in tekkit, i and others would love that!

So yesterday i started again getting stuff together to run shaders with tekkit and i don't know if i made something different but my client runs stable now.

Shader Installer:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35031629/Shaders%20Mod%20v10%20for%20Tekkit.zip

Shader V08:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/940974-125sonic-ethers-unbelievable-shaders-glsl-shaders-dynamic-shadows-more/

Important:

I had a lot of visual glitches running the V10 shaders from the zip file, so i decided to try/use the V08. V08 runs perfect!

Step 1.

Backup of modpack.har

Step2.

Open minecraft.jar and extract bk.class bo.class eq.class ew.class ey.class fe.class

Step 3.

Open modpack.jar and put in the *.class files

Step4:

Go to Installer folder and open /mods/shaders/contents/files/shaders/

Replace everything with the files from Shader V08

Step5.

Go back and run the installer. Go to "Options" tab and instead of the minecraft.jar, select the modpack.jar

Go to "Local Mods" tab and hit the "Install Mods" button.

I played for 5 hours straight without any issues! Before it always crashed like 20 minutes after launch or something like that.

• 2 months later...