Villages not Generating

danagor

Hey there, i had a problem on my new world, Vallages where not spawning,  i thought it was REAAAALLY bad luck but then i checked in the Biomes O Plenty Config files, go check the terraingen file... yeah it says something like "Allow Villages" and then a list of all the biomes... all of them where set to false!!! no wonder i wasn't finding any villages!!!... i just changed that to true in all the biomes and that fixed the problem... i posted this here because i couldn't find anything related to this issue so anybody having the same issue could fix it...

IMPORTANT: This was disable to prevent some nasty bugs from happening so BACK UP your world before trying this and once you found the village you like repeat step 6 but in reverse... 

Kalbintion:

It was disabled to prevent a crash from happening. The following links describe the issue in greater detail and the fixes for the issues.

See http://forums.techni...t-b-team-1012a/
and http://forums.techni...sues-and-fixes/ (Post #4) 
and http://forums.techni...e-5#entry512232
and http://forums.techni...crashes-server/

Loader:

Yeah, this fixes the 'rare village generation' (it does happen, you just had bad luck) but unfixes the 'exploring can generate corrupted chunks and stop you from being able to play until you fix it'.

Just be aware that for the moment it's one or the other of those options - I'd suggest turning that stuff back to false once you've got some villages you're happy with (otherwise please at least mention you did this when you show up on the tracker with your world not starting, it'll save everyone time).

Steps:

1. go to your .technic folder

2. go to Attack of the b team folder (should be inside the "modpacks" folder)

3. go to the config folder

4. look for the biomesoplenty folder

5. open the terraingen text file

6. change all the "false" to "true" in the "Allow Village" section

7. save

8. enjoy...

You'll have to explore in your world to find a village now, just look on places you haven't generated yet... this may be fixed latter i suppose... or maybe it's just me having this problem... anyway i'm playing Attack of the B team 1.0.12a just so you know... happy mining :D

Edit: Tinkers Construct Village Generation was also set to "false" so you have to look for that too... i really hope nothing else is set to false i'm done exploring i've been flying for hours and i have so much terrain generated it's not even funny...

Edited by danagor

It was disabled to prevent a crash from happening. The following links describe the issue in greater detail and the fixes for the issues.

See '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>
and '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> (Post #4)
and page-5#entry512232'>page-5#entry512232
and http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2010-connectionarea-crashes-server/

Yeah, this fixes the 'rare village generation' (it does happen, you just had bad luck) but unfixes the 'exploring can generate corrupted chunks and stop you from being able to play until you fix it'.

Just be aware that for the moment it's one or the other of those options - I'd suggest turning that stuff back to false once you've got some villages you're happy with (otherwise please at least mention you did this when you show up on the tracker with your world not starting, it'll save everyone time).

See '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

and '?do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>> (Post #4)

and page-5#entry512232'>page-5#entry512232

and http://forums.technicpack.net/tracker/issue-2010-connectionarea-crashes-server/

Thanks a lot i just edited my post at the so people back up their worlds beforhand... i will too... only thing is i haven't found any village with TConstruc stuff on them :(

How stable is the beta 1.0.13c? i don't mind starting over if this is fixed on that build... again thanks a lot :D

Edit: Found one with TConstruct Stuff in it :D

Edited by danagor

Same issue, it's a BoP thing (as much as they say it isn't and it kinda isn't, it kinda is, too) so until they update it on their end it'll stay that way.  Unfortunately, they've moved on to a newer version of Minecraft as their priority so it's possible we'll never see it fixed.

Same issue, it's a BoP thing (as much as they say it isn't and it kinda isn't, it kinda is, too) so until they update it on their end it'll stay that way.  Unfortunately, they've moved on to a newer version of Minecraft as their priority so it's possible we'll never see it fixed.

Whatever happened to us looking into it and maybe doing a patch ourselves?

Also, @danagor - you may want to note the CTRL+H shortcut for find and replace that is commonly found in most text editors (CMD+H on mac?) as it would save a ton of time setting them back to true, however this does have a downside of potentially turning on other things that should be left off. So a copy/paste of the allow villages section into a temporary notepad or something, the find/replace then done there, then copied back into the config is the best, quickest, and less error prone way to turn them all on again.

Whatever happened to us looking into it and maybe doing a patch ourselves?

Yeah, okay, I'm fairly convinced they're not going to bother at this point.  Let's take a look - start a PM conversation with the issue reports from the Tracker and go from there?

Is the problem with villages only caused when they generate?  This sucks because there are items that you can only get from villages. As an example....The piece needed in Tinkers to make the Saber.  I do hope this problem is fixed.  Until then,  I am going to make a working village for easy emeralds.

Yes, if they're generated it's fine.  The crash comes when it tries to attach mod buildings (the witchery apothecary, the TC tinkers shop and the necromancy graveyards for example) to villages BoP has moved.  BoP blames the other mods for not being properly 1.6.4 compatible with their worldgen.