Adujusted Inventory System

Yuriy

Hello to anyone reading and actually considering this,

My request and idea is for a slightly different inventory addition to help manage the heaps of stuff we need to keep squared away. This mod idea currently revolves around Technic because of the abundance of stuff I constantly have to interact with. Basically, I would like if there was a mod that added several slots onto one's inventory for the carrying of specific items which one needs when exploring without taking up prime real estate in the primary inventory. The mod would closely resemble the Terraria inventory in that currency and ammunition were removed from the main players inventory and kept in their own, sorted, side inventory.

The main reason I want this is so that some of these items need to be in the inventory to function but having this many items on me at all time interferes with other aspects of minecraft (like mining). If possible, a bag that holds items and still allows their contents to function as if in the player's inventory would be fine too.

Items I would like to be able to tuck away and still have work:

-Klein Star

-Thaumometer (Also, the glasses; it'd be nice if the glasses wear effect could still work while wearing armor)

-Currency (Millenaire currencies)

-Ammunition (Arrows, bullets, etc)

Also, a config option to not drop those items on death would be nice so I wouldn't lose my portable klein star or millenaire money.

It'd also be nice to have that aesthetic armor option that I could wear one armor for function and have another armor loaded for appearance but the functional elements are far more important.

Thoughts and comments appreciated. If there's a Technic-compatible mod that does this (especially the millenaire cash management), please let me know.

:D

I enjoy all of these except the idea for decorative armor.

In an SMP environment, what armor someone is wearing is the primary means of figuring out whether you should fight or flee. See someone with Quantum? your only hope is to run away before they see you.

See someone in iron, their ass is grass. If armor could be decorative, you'd have people in Quantum, but they'd look like they wearing iron. Suddenly, deathtoll everywhere.

I enjoy all of these except the idea for decorative armor.

In an SMP environment, what armor someone is wearing is the primary means of figuring out whether you should fight or flee. See someone with Quantum? your only hope is to run away before they see you.

See someone in iron, their ass is grass. If armor could be decorative, you'd have people in Quantum, but they'd look like they wearing iron. Suddenly, deathtoll everywhere.

Spot on, except that the decorative armor option could be on in SSP.

Well, I wish to have it as an option. I like the look of some armors over others and while my server has pvp enabled, we don't actually participate in raiding or formal pvp, just a friendly punch once in awhile. I can understand that pvp servers would certainly not want it and that's fine. For SSP and non-PVP server, however, it'd make the people able to customize their appearance without effecting their survivability.

I approve the idea of decorative armor in SSP. Off the top of my head, that would involve adding custom armor slots (already done by other mods, like whatever that one is that Yogscast spotlighted that lets you dual-wield, so you could look at that one's source or decompile to get it), and then you would go into whichever class is responsible for actually executing the call to draw the armor, and having it check for alternate slots.

If we're lucky, Notch did not split up the drawing code amongst multiple classes like he is wont to do.