The new launcher "update" crashed.

mayaman

Question

Hey guys, first post and all, and of course, as most things, you register when something bad/not working to post about lol!

But here it is.

I've used this game since... 8-9hrs now, and when i re logged i got to update, its stuck on the "technic" icon, AFTER it has updated the launcher.

I was currently enabling the use of unofficial updates in the options before this, can that have anything to do with it?

Gonna try save the world and reinstall the complete set again, see if that helps.

edit: Now that i kicked out everything, and trying to start it over again with new fresh install, it still hangs at the "logo" :(

*crybaby*

I have the exact same issue. Just 3 hours ago i could play as normal. Then when i shut it down and came back it woulndt start. Just the Technic Launcher Splashscreen showed up.

I didnt set it to dev-builds so I think its a issue with the new "minor" update.

And Mayaman, get rid of that signature before the mods wrath start raining on you.

Just a tip.

-Edit- I tried to remove my whole .techniclauncher folder but it didnt help.

Quick fix: go into %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\ and then delete technic-launcher.jar, afterwards rename technic-launcher.jar.bak to technic-launcher.jar and launch the jar directly. (DO NOT USE THE LAUNCHER OR IT'LL REPLACE IT, but if you do it'll keep a backup like previously (hopefully anyway).

Quick fix: go into %APPDATA%\.techniclauncher\ and then delete technic-launcher.jar, afterwards rename technic-launcher.jar.bak to technic-launcher.jar and launch the jar directly. (DO NOT USE THE LAUNCHER OR IT'LL REPLACE IT, but if you do it'll keep a backup like previously (hopefully anyway).

Those files isn't there yet if you do a clean install that is. He ain't getting that far before he screech to a halt.

Those files isn't there yet if you do a clean install that is. He ain't getting that far before he screech to a halt.

Then download the copy from the person below, which is a working copy. As far as I know the launcher should handle all the downloading of Technic SSP and Vanilla, the only thing you'll not have is the fixes in the changelog which were hardly crucial or interesting by any means.

With regards to Arkham, is your internet so amazingly fast that you don't see the Download window? Because it persists long enough on the screen for me that I am capable of seeing it. So it was hardly unknown. Whilst being optional would be nice, that's what the backup file is for.

With regards to Arkham, is your internet so amazingly fast that you don't see the Download window? Because it persists long enough on the screen for me that I am capable of seeing it. So it was hardly unknown. Whilst being optional would be nice, that's what the backup file is for.

WHAT download window? I didnt see one. I just launched technic this morning, then had to restart it after rage quitting. When I did restart, it just hung.

I'd like to just state officially that any and all links posted by anyone outside of the technic staff on these forms should be handled with caution. It may be safe or it may not be. It's your risk to take. We can't be held responsible for malicious links.

Apart from that, there is currently a problem with downloads we are in the middle of trying to fix. One of the spout download sources is faulty and keeps going down, so many peoples downloads are failing. Agelian put together a launcher build that he felt would bypass the issue last night but unfortunately the fellow who's thread we posted it in never reported back and Agelian went to bed.

I'm not sure if it will fix any of your problems specifically, since I think some of you may be having different problems, but it really can't hurt to try. Backup and rename your .techniclauncher folders and put them somewhere else, delete your technic-launcher.jars and .exes, then give this launcher a shot:

http://sa-technic.googlecode.com/files/technic-launcher-fix.jar

I'd like to just state officially that any and all links posted by anyone outside of the technic staff on these forms should be handled with caution. It may be safe or it may not be. It's your risk to take. We can't be held responsible for malicious links.

Apart from that, there is currently a problem with downloads we are in the middle of trying to fix. One of the spout download sources is faulty and keeps going down, so many peoples downloads are failing. Agelian put together a launcher build that he felt would bypass the issue last night but unfortunately the fellow who's thread we posted it in never reported back and Agelian went to bed.

I'm not sure if it will fix any of your problems specifically, since I think some of you may be having different problems, but it really can't hurt to try. Backup and rename your .techniclauncher folders and put them somewhere else, delete your technic-launcher.jars and .exes, then give this launcher a shot:

That is the jar that is currently giving me this issue using the one before this one in that same repo worked for me

http://sa-technic.googlecode.com/files/technic-launcher-0.5.2.4.jar

Fixed

Settle down I re wrote that section of the post. :)

So can I get some confirmation that this launcher solved your problems then? I need to know, so we can go ahead and commit this change as a fix. A simple "Yes, this updated launcher fixed my problems, tell me where to empty my wallet Cheap Shot!" so I can say "Go buy my t-shirts in the yogscast store god dammit"

No wait...I mean.... so I know without confusion that the fix worked.

Go buy my shirts god dammit.