chunks start to vanish and reappear

Vaserius

Question

Launcher/pack Version: launcher: 0.5.4.9 ; Modpackbuild: 2.1.0|1.1 Rec. Build

Operating System: Win Xp 32 bit

Version of Java: v7.0.10.8 32 bit

Description of Problem:

After a while (5 to 10 minutes) parts of my chunks start to disappear and reappear like they are reloading. This also happens in tekkit ssp and technic ssp/smp.

Error Messages:

N/A

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/xKFYcXPM (should be the latest)

if you need further information please let me know

10 answers to this question

Do you mean the chunks disappear then reappear exactly as they were before or are they disappearing then being generated as new chunks? Is it hapenning on any old random chunk or is it only hapenning on specific ones? Is it actually chunks at a time or just random parts of the map?

If it's not chunks but just areas of the map and they are graphically disappearing and coming back untouched then how much memmory do you have allocated to tekki in the options in the launcher and what server are you on? Are you running the server on the same PC as the client and simply overworking your PC (are you also laggy in movement and accessing inventories or crafting items?)

Bit more info would be useful.

Do you mean the chunks disappear then reappear exactly as they were before or are they disappearing then being generated as new chunks? Is it hapenning on any old random chunk or is it only hapenning on specific ones? Is it actually chunks at a time or just random parts of the map?

The whole Chunk does not disappear, only parts of it like the lower/ upper half of a tree or dirt (where i can look all the way down to the world hole). They reappear untouched.

If it's not chunks but just areas of the map and they are graphically disappearing and coming back untouched then how much memmory do you have allocated to tekki in the options in the launcher and what server are you on? Are you running the server on the same PC as the client and simply overworking your PC

I allocated 1GB of memory for Tekkit. The server i'm playing on is a homer server by my friend but this bug does not only appear in tekkit smp but also in technic ssp and tekkit ssp.

(are you also laggy in movement and accessing inventories or crafting items?)

No, the movement and crafting works fine for me.

I'll gladly provide you with more information if needed.

6 more questions then....

Are you running a texture pack and what resolution?

Are you on a laptop?

How much memmory do you have in the PC?

Do you have the same problem on vanilla minecraft?

Is this hapenning all the time or only when you are destroying blocks and what are you destroying them with?

Finally... is your friend getting any error messages at all on his server (esp can't keep up ones) and if you ping him what's the response time?

If you have more memmory kicking around then try increasing the allocation in the technic launcher, if you are using a texture pack try going back to vanilla textures and if it solves the issue then look for a lower res texture pack to use.

If you are on a laptop then you might need to change the priority given to java by your gfx card.

If it's when you are destroying blocks, especially if using anything that destroys them in a non-standard way like a mining laser, red morning star, dest catalyst etc then it could be server lag. Even a lagless server often sees a brief graphical glitch when vaping a lot of blocks at once.

If all the above is useless and a vanilla MP server is perfect then you could try deleting your techniclauncher directory and rerunning the launcher to get a fresh install but, to be honest, it doesn't really sound like something got messed up with your tekkit files, more sounds like your PC is struggling to run tekkit or struggling to get hold of data from the server to tell it what blocks are meant to be there for it to draw.

yes, sphax bd craft 64x but i just tested it with vanilla textures, it happens aswell

no

4gb ddr2

everything works fine in vanilla

just tested it againd and i happens even when i just fly around the map

i can't tell you this right now , since hes offline aswell as the server

well, try increasing the memmory allocation in the launcher to 2gb and try it out again. I know SOME people have issues with optifine and disappearing blocks but i've never heard of a fix for it, so you'd need to pick someone else's brain about that.

Also worth just double checking you have the latest graphics drivers installed. Apart from that i'm a bit lost. If it's hapenning in technic SSP as well then the server side stuff is irrelevant because you are getting the same issue single player. It's a graphics issue since the blocks aren't changing, you just aren't displaying them properly and AFAIK optifine is the only graphics display related change in tekkit.

If increasing memmory allocation and driver update don't help i'd try a bit of optifine related googling or hoping someone else comes up with something on here.

okay so Ive had this issue with a few packs. what I did that helped instantly and allowed  the game to play faster without any further issues is DELETE OPTIFINE . I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT OPTIFINE DOES, But I do know that it worked, and that happens to be the solution I could find. I have a feeling that the 1.7.3 version of Optifine may just have a bug . I have not seen any side-effects and shaders and textures work amazing now without the visual issues and a massive reduction in lag. Ive done this in all of my packs now, if anything changes I will let y'all know.

• Moderators

Optifine wasn't in Tekkit classic back in 2012 when OP posted this topic, so advicing users to delete optifine when they didn't have it back then when the issue arised is rather pointless.

Also rather pointless to answer to a bug report that's 7 years old.