Crashes on launch.

Claustric

Question

Submitting this error for a friend who's trying to connect to my server, experiencing an immediate crash every time he connects.

Launcher version: 1.0.1.2

Tekkit server version: 2.0.0

Operating system: Windows 7 (64-bit).

Java version: 6 (update 32), or "1.6.0_32-b05" as the log reads.

Error log: http://pastebin.com/b5KpLmMd

Can't tell you the error message as it apparently closes out the game instantly for him, so he couldn't even read it much less tell me what it said.

20 answers to this question

Your first suggestion was null. If I hadn't read the stickies, I wouldn't have posted it in the proper format, now, would I have? I read all the stickies and found no solutions -- I also read through other users' posts and pastebin logs to see if anyone else experienced the same error and got a solution so I could suggest it. Found nothing.

Anyways, I just forwarded your suggestion over to him as well. I'll be sure to acknowledge whether it solved anything or not.

I actually read that, but I guess I missed that part. I didn't see the "7" in the entire wall there until I realized it was only mentioned once in a wall of text about the latest version. And you know what's funny about that? Tekkit DOES work for him. It just doesn't let him connect to the server. It runs just fine. /Shrug

Nevertheless, he did that. Still no luck apparently. When he loads up the game, it only shows him connecting with Modloader, Forge, and NEI. No other mods seem to actually load for him.

And by the way -- I've tried. Ran a 2.1.1 server back when it was first updated as the recommended build, tried to connect, kept crashing every time, and nobody else could connect to it either. So that's why I stuck with 2.0. It actually worked, and I wasn't going to try to deal with the hassle of figuring out why 2.1.1 wouldn't work for me or any of my friends when I could run 2.0 just fine and it was still supported. But I do appreciate the suggestion.

As much as I like the fact there's a community for this modpack, and that there are people willing to help, I do think it'd be a bit better if you didn't come off so condescending in doing so. It's one thing if I wasn't thoroughly providing details and cooperating, like some of the other threads have. But eh. All apologies if I was a bit snappy with my last reply, and this one. Just how I've been lately. No ill intentions meant -- and, thanks for the replies. I'll continue to update if I get any new error logs from him or any information that might be useful.

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem, it sounds similar to one I had awhile ago though.

if your friend opens the tekkit launcher then before logging in clicks options and changes the build to the latest version It might fix it.

sorry if it doesn't help.

Edit: sorry I ment changes the build to match the servers -

Tekkit DOES work for him...Nevertheless, he did that. Still no luck apparently. When he loads up the game, it only shows him connecting with Modloader, Forge, and NEI. No other mods seem to actually load for him.

As much as I like the fact there's a community for this modpack, and that there are people willing to help, I do think it'd be a bit better if you didn't come off so condescending in doing so. It's one thing if I wasn't thoroughly providing details and cooperating, like some of the other threads have. But eh. All apologies if I was a bit snappy with my last reply, and this one. Just how I've been lately. No ill intentions meant -- and, thanks for the replies. I'll continue to update if I get any new error logs from him or any information that might be useful.

Okay. I was snarky because you were, but it wasn't called for, so sorry for that. We do truly appreciate the good bug report. However, there's still some information missing, so questions and suggestions follow.

1) Can you get the client log? The path for it should be C:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\logs, with the latest one being the most recent, of course. Sometimes for a mis-launch of the launcher itself, there's nothing there, but you did say Tekkit worked for him, so there should be something.

2) What version(s) of Java (I assume 64-bit 7u3 or 4 now), what OS (if that's not the one listed), and what TP launcher/Tekkit version is the client running? They may not match each other or the server, especially if the client is set to "Always run Recommended Build," since that's currently...2.1.1.

Hopefully, in gathering this information, you'll discover the problem (mismatched something somewhere). If not, come back and post, and you'll probably get some help. Good bug reports are...rarer around here than they should be.

I'm not an expert, but from the log it looks like it's getting hung up on one or more of the mods. I'm going to assume you've already gone through the basic troubleshoot.

-Uninstall Technic

-Uninstall MC

-Root out any lingering files and delete

-Uninstall Java

-Restart

-Reinstall everything

I'm not sure if this will fix the problem, it sounds similar to one I had awhile ago though.

if your friend opens the tekkit launcher then before logging in clicks options and changes the build to the latest version It might fix it.

sorry if it doesn't help.

Edit: sorry I ment changes the build to match the servers -

Mhm, we've done that. He knew ahead of time to set it to 2.0 rather than 2.1.1 in order to connect. No difference there.

Okay. I was snarky because you were, but it wasn't called for, so sorry for that. We do truly appreciate the good bug report. However, there's still some information missing, so questions and suggestions follow.

1) Can you get the client log? The path for it should be C:\users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\logs, with the latest one being the most recent, of course. Sometimes for a mis-launch of the launcher itself, there's nothing there, but you did say Tekkit worked for him, so there should be something.

2) What version(s) of Java (I assume 64-bit 7u3 or 4 now), what OS (if that's not the one listed), and what TP launcher/Tekkit version is the client running? They may not match each other or the server, especially if the client is set to "Always run Recommended Build," since that's currently...2.1.1.

Hopefully, in gathering this information, you'll discover the problem (mismatched something somewhere). If not, come back and post, and you'll probably get some help. Good bug reports are...rarer around here than they should be.

He sent me three of those logs: _0, _1, and _2. _1 seemed the most recent since the last timestamp on it was the same time as when we were having the issues (he's 3 hours behind me). I just attached _2 in Pastebin here, but it's a huge file and since the latest timestamp was after the time currently, I didn't think it was logical to assume it was related in any way. Regardless, here's the link.

http://pastebin.com/yhRjzfri

And the OS, and java/Tekkit/etc. versions mentioned were for his client. Mine on the other hand is Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Java is 1.7 (I'm assuming that means Java 7, although why they list it as '1.x' where x is actually the version, I'll never know), and the launcher everyone else is using that connects is actually an outdated 0.5.4.8. The friend who's having this issue is the only one with the 1.0+ launcher, which makes me wonder if it's a bug that came with that update somehow.

I'm not an expert, but from the log it looks like it's getting hung up on one or more of the mods. I'm going to assume you've already gone through the basic troubleshoot.

-Uninstall Technic

-Uninstall MC

-Root out any lingering files and delete

-Uninstall Java

-Restart

-Reinstall everything

We've gone through those, the last thing he tried was uninstalling and reinstalling Java, but it was taking a while since the install process for Java is incredibly long. I'm not aware whether he tried again after installing Java 7, but I'll ask him to try it again shortly here to see if he has any luck with it.

Make sure to uninstall all of them at once and root out any lingering files. This could take a while, but when my MC dongled up before and reinstalls were needed every last tiny file had to be hunted down after the uninstall.

You might need bloodhounds.

That pastebin log has you throwing an io exception where Java can't find the modloader.cfg file. He'll need that. I agree with the above. ^

Also...all the mods it shows him loading from Technic (in the log you posted)? It means he's probably trying to use TechnicSSP to connect to your Tekkit server. That probably won't work very well either. I suspect you sent the wrong log file, but...I don't know at this point. _0 should have been the most recent one. Try posting that, and maybe _1 to see if we can figure out the problem.

in the center of the sun. good luck.

Darn, I was reporting at the same time you were posting this. It's a good question, and deserves a better answer than that.

AgentChase: You can find stickies in any pad of PostIt Notesâ„¢ or other marking tabs, sold at any office supply store.

Guest Ysharma

not paper stickies

you talk about some stickies wich i have to read

i have got the same problem

They are not the posts at the top of the forum which look different, you may find them on the mcforums.

That pastebin log has you throwing an io exception where Java can't find the modloader.cfg file. He'll need that. I agree with the above. ^

Also...all the mods it shows him loading from Technic (in the log you posted)? It means he's probably trying to use TechnicSSP to connect to your Tekkit server. That probably won't work very well either. I suspect you sent the wrong log file, but...I don't know at this point. _0 should have been the most recent one. Try posting that, and maybe _1 to see if we can figure out the problem.

Welp, amidst my thread being hijacked apparently, which is rather amusing...

_1 was attached in the initial post. _0 is here.

http://pastebin.com/kyS756uw