How Install Mods with Technick pack Launcher *.*

Kionashi

Question

Hi people i just wanna comment that i finnaly was able to install a mod in the technic pack with the technic launcher and all =)

how i did it? well just go to Romaing Folder (where is the .minecraft) and you will see the .techniclauncher folder go there, then go to technicssp and then to the bin folder and you will find a minecraft.jar and a modpack.jar open both and put the class files there in BOTH folders

and that`s all

of course...not all mods will work for obious reasons (the unholy block ID conflict) but i was able to install a very veryy usefull mod called "Death Chest" (When you die, if you have a chest in your inventory, it will be placed where you die, or in the closest available spot. The chest will be filled with as many items as possible.) it dont add a block id so it works just perfect ^.^

so if you wanna test your luck and trying install any other mod with the technic pack you can try this way it may work =)

PD: My native language is spanish so im sorry if i had a bad english

19 answers to this question

Re: HA I BEAT THE SYSTEM! >:D (How Install Mods with Technick pack Launcher)

This hat is old. someone posted this trick last week.

I hope that people read this, but i doubt they will. I'd suggest you change the topic to something less antagonistic though.

Also, i applaud you for doing your own work rather than begging other people to do it for you.

This hat is old. someone posted this trick last week.

I hope that people read this, but i doubt they will. I'd suggest you change the topic to something less antagonistic though.

Also, i applaud you for doing your own work rather than begging other people to do it for you.

hahaha youre right i already change the Topic XD

i didnt knew that somebody already did that...when i aks a few days ago about installing other mods with Technicpack nobody tell me =(

hahaha youre right i already change the Topic XD

i didnt knew that somebody already did that...when i aks a few days ago about installing other mods with Technicpack nobody tell me =(

Part of that is that it's not an encouraged topic here, the other part is that with the recent new releases of technic, anyone capable of answering questions has been dealing with hundreds of awful questions a day.

• Forum Administrators

you should only have to install the mods to the modpack.jar

that's how I got magnetic drops to work.

This is the correct way to mod a Technic install. I don't know what crazy way you are doing, but you are only causing yourself grief.

My Bin folder appears to be empty. granted, i havent acutally launched the game from new technic yet. (exploring possibilities of carrynig worlds over.) but my system is already programmed to show hidden files. do i need to run the game before it shows up?

My Bin folder appears to be empty. granted, i havent acutally launched the game from new technic yet. (exploring possibilities of carrynig worlds over.) but my system is already programmed to show hidden files. do i need to run the game before it shows up?

Run launcher > enter user information > click login

Technic will download all the necessary files and put them in %appdata%\.technicssp

It will not modify your \.minecraft folder in any way.

yeah, i figured that was why.

but my modding efforts arent going the way they should. i used ID resolver to prevent block ID conflicts, but when i installed the mod, it crashed the game, due to block ID conflict, and also broke my install, even after i reset the Modpack.jar.

yeah, i figured that was why.

but my modding efforts arent going the way they should. i used ID resolver to prevent block ID conflicts, but when i installed the mod, it crashed the game, due to block ID conflict, and also broke my install, even after i reset the Modpack.jar.

delete your %appdata%\.techniclauncher\technicssp folder and run it again. it'll reset everything to default. Don't use the ID resolver mod. You'll need to manually config the block ID's to something that isn't being used.

ok. im a MC noob, so how do I manually configure block IDs?

put the mod zip in the mods folder in .techniclauncher\technicssp.

start minecraft. You should get an error that says the block ID is already used.

Close MC and go into .techniclauncher\technicssp\config

if the mod actually installed, you should have a new config file named mod_whatever.cfg or modname.txt

open the config file and there should be a line that says ID=###

change the ### to something that isn't currently being used.

You can use NEI with "show unused blocks" just type garbage into the search bar to show only unused ID's.

Uhh... I'm pretty sure technic uses buildcraft 3.x, which is not compatible with crossover. Sorry.

Uhhhh, Its working fine for me. I got the special version (0.6 or something) made for the 3.x.x chain. have a couple of engines regulated by buildcraft logic gates. going pretty smooth.

Hey, I am trying to install the Herblore mod and I have tried all of the listed solutions but none work. Please help, I am very eager to use this mod with the Technicpack!!

Your necromantic powers are no use here, fiend!