Wow.

I tend to treat everyone without an avatar as one person myself.
I tend to do the same but also ignore the avatar an take the whole forum as a single entiry. Basically it's me vs the forum :)

Unable to play SINGLEPLAYER because the SERVERS ARE DOWN.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Actually, if I understand correctly, you are always connected to a multiplayer server so that other players can join you whenever it happens to be.

Actually, if I understand correctly, you are always connected to a multiplayer server so that other players can join you whenever it happens to be.

Except by default they can't, and you have to either make it a public game or set a config option that says friends can join your game any time. Don't try to be an apologist for them.

Except by default they can't, and you have to either make it a public game or set a config option that says friends can join your game any time. Don't try to be an apologist for them.

That's what I thought they did. I've barely played the game. Probably only been an hour total that I've played it.

You can't crack it to get singleplayer: The majority of the game's code exists only on the servers.

I have absolute faith in the pirate community. They've never failed to bypass DRM before, and they sure as hell aren't going to let this DRM stand, just because it's more intrusive than ever.

I don't think you understand. There's nothing there to crack. Unless someone breaks into Blizzard's system and copies the server software, or else rewrites it from scratch, it is just a logical impossibility. It's like saying you're going to crack google so you can use it offline: There isn't anything to crack. It is a network client, not a full game.

I don't think you understand. There's nothing there to crack. Unless someone breaks into Blizzard's system and copies the server software, or else rewrites it from scratch, it is just a logical impossibility. It's like saying you're going to crack google so you can use it offline: There isn't anything to crack. It is a network client, not a full game.

My faith remains unwavering. I understand what would be involved, and i am confident that someone, somewhere, on some shady corner of the internet, is up to the task.

it can be circumvented. pretty easily too.

Not to be rude, but unless Blizzard actually lied about it being online-only, you're talking out of your ass. Unlessall the game content is in the client and all the server does is tell the client to load it, it is just impossible to simply unlock it.

You can't crack it to get singleplayer: The majority of the game's code exists only on the servers.

They cracked World of Warcraft.

My faith remains unwavering. I understand what would be involved, and i am confident that someone, somewhere, on some shady corner of the internet, is up to the task.

Yeah, Skidrow has cracked so many "Uncrackable" games, I have complete faith in them.

it can be circumvented. pretty easily too.

Again, they cracked WoW, they Cracked Starcraft II, why can't they crack Diablo?

Yes, but it would not be 100% diablo just as private wow servers are not 100% wow. It's just a "as close as we can guess" substitute.

That does not bother me whatsoever. some of the "blizzlike" servers are remarkably accurate. And realistically, what do you expect from a crack? the whole point is that you're playing the game in a way the manufacturer did not intend.