Can I safely disable EE3 after world is generated?

Erudo

Hi,

I run a private server with Tekkit 129e standard. We've been playing for a week now and are now considering disabling EE3 completely, without affecting the world that is already running.

I tried deleting the jar from the mods folder but I get some server severe errors and EE3 items still show up in NEI. Restarted the server and it plays ok.

Pretty sure none of us have used EE3 although one of the players may have found a divining rod.

I have since restored EE3 jar and restarted the world. Looks ok.

Can anyone help? Should I just ignore the server errors and move on? Or will I be corrupting the world?

Edited by Erudo

As far as I'm aware, that Divining Rod is without function yet. The only functional parts are the Minium Stones with their transmutation ability (with many recipes disabled in Tekkit) and the simple devices used to create them. Alchemical Chests may be working as well by now - but they are nothing more than storage units even if they work.

That being said, there seems to be no obvious reason to disable EE3. If you just don't want transmutation to occur, you could simply opt to disable just the Minium Stone on your server, which would pretty much shut down the mod.

As for removing the jar file, this should work, but it would have to be done for the server and all clients. The most reliable way to do this is making a custom modpack, or find one on the launcher that already does what you want. As EE3 does - to my knowledge - not add anything to chunk/world generation, removing it should in theory not break anything.

Disabling that stone would really be a much easier way to do things.

Fantastic thanks Curunir. I'll look into disabling the stone.

I want I disable it for balance reasons. I keep hearing that it allows mid-endgame mass production of rare items such as diamond etc. you mentioned some recipes are disabled in Tekkit. Perhaps EE3 has been 'balanced' in Tekkit?

• Moderators

You do have to burn a bunch of emeralds to make the stone, and there is no cobble-->diamonds path. You can make stacks of wood into a much lesser amount of obsidian, and work up to diamonds, but you need a TON of wood.

I find it's most useful feature is iron into ender pearls.

EE3 does allow for diamond mass production, but you need a source of high-EMC items to achieve it. This can be either a wood farm (tedious) or an Obsidian generator (easy). I described the method >here.

The stone can usually transmute more things, also allowing an exploit where ingots are transmuted back into ores and then processed (and doubled) again. This is disabled in Tekkit. The usual Obsidian > Iron > Gold > Diamond and Obsidian > Iron > Ender Pearl chains are working. You could opt to just disable the Ender Pearl and Diamond recipes, so people would only be able to produce Iron and Gold, and interchange those.

I looked around the forums and checked the various EE files but can't quite figure out how to disable (a) items and (b )recipes.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?

Edited by Erudo

Can't you just disable items in general? I have never administrated a server beyond my own private LAN machine, so I cannot give instructions. But I know that disabling certain items is regularly done on servers to avoid griefing and lag, so there should be enough hints online. Just look for guides how to disable items, as this should not be EE3-specific.

You can delete the jar from the server. It still shows in NEI because it's on your client. The errors you got shouldn't prevent the server from starting. Changing the item ID would have to be done on the server configs and the client or you'll get an ID mismatch when trying to join server. Although I do believe some mods are programmed where you can change the ID to 0 to disable it. Not sure if EE3 is one of those.