Help With New Tekkit

0085abby

Question

Launcher/pack Version:Tekkit V 3.0.3

Operating System:Windows Vista 64-bit

Version of Java:Java 7 (Latest Version)

Description of Problem:When my friend tries to join my server he gets disconnected and it says that he needs the following mods. He used the correct version of Tekkit for 3.0.3 and it installs all the mods but my server says that he only has like 3 mods installed.

Error Messages:N/A

Link to pastebin of log: N/A

17 answers to this question

• Forum Administrators

Launcher/pack Version:Tekkit V 3.0.3

Operating System:Windows Vista 64-bit

Version of Java:Java 7 (Latest Version)

Description of Problem:When my friend tries to join my server he gets disconnected and it says that he needs the following mods. He used the correct version of Tekkit for 3.0.3 and it installs all the mods but my server says that he only has like 3 mods installed.

Error Messages:N/A

Link to pastebin of log: N/A

Tell your friend to clear cache, then try again.

having the same issue here, singleplayer doesnt have those mods eather. I guess im redownloading again...

edit: didnt work for me, redownloaded like 5 times. What should I do? It seems the zoom and NEI mod are the only ones working correctly. Any ideas?

anyone know how to fix this? I think I've tried everything possible. I did everything over from the beginning including reinstalling a brand new minecraft on a different computer and trying the process there. Still no luck.

Have you tried backing up your worlds and deleting the whole .techniclauncher folder?

That didnt work for me either. If anyone has any ideas or needs any specific info about this, let us know.

Im happy to get back on my tekkit server again :l

You should all list the anti-virus you are using, that could be an issue with the downloading and possibly even the patching itself.

First of all, I dont use any anti-virus.

Second of all, I have no problem with downloading previous versions like the now recommended 1.1 version.

If it would help, im using a 64 bit windows XP.

• Forum Administrators

Make sure to download the latest launcher if you are still having this issue. You can also try clearing your .techniclauncher folder (or just the tekkit folder)

Make sure to download the latest launcher if you are still having this issue. You can also try clearing your .techniclauncher folder (or just the tekkit folder)

PROBLEM SOLVED.

seems like you need to update your launcher.

if you use launcher 0.5.4.9, update to the latest launcher.

it will extract the missing mods and make it playable.

Thanks sct, make this a global announcement please

What shoudl the global anouncement say? "Hey everyone, if you're experiencing problems, try using common sense!"

Common sense like what? updating a launcher isnt the first thing that comes to mind when this happens. Anyway ima play on my server now.

Common sense like what? updating a launcher isnt the first thing that comes to mind when this happens. Anyway ima play on my server now.

What? Why the hell not? your first action in any situation where a program isnt working properly should be to try redownloading all its components.