Progression Problems

I've been building up my world with all that Technic has to offer, and I just recently created a nuclear reactor and got it up and running. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to do now. It's great having a sustainable amount of power, but I don't really need it as far as I know. The only thing I can think of using the power for, other than furnaces, macerators, etc., is more quarries, but since I have a destruction catalyst, along with a dark matter pickaxe, nano armor and jetpack, making more quarries seems useless. Is there more to industrial/buildcraft that I'm missing or have I progressed to the end? What else can I build?

I just completed my nuclear reactor setup and I feel I'm going to be like you soon! I have 5 mk3 condenser flowers that gave me many stacks of dark matter, red matter and diamond blocks so far so I can pretty much get everything from there, which renders mining pretty useless and I feel I will soon start to wonder what to do :/

At this point, when there is no more scraping more materials and no higher on the ladder to climb, I'd find myself looking for the uses for my limitless resources. A complex cart-transport system that runs through all of your important locations? Wiring up all your outdoor spaces with street lamps that turn on and off at sunset and sunrise, via the new Redpower2 Light Sensors? Create a sorting facility that takes items dropped into an obsidian pipe and properly sorts them through the network into the properly labeled chests? Heck, -build-. Encase your utilitarian structures in artistic and creative facades.

At this point, when there is no more scraping more materials and no higher on the ladder to climb, I'd find myself looking for the uses for my limitless resources. A complex cart-transport system that runs through all of your important locations? Wiring up all your outdoor spaces with street lamps that turn on and off at sunset and sunrise, via the new Redpower2 Light Sensors? Create a sorting facility that takes items dropped into an obsidian pipe and properly sorts them through the network into the properly labeled chests? Heck, -build-. Encase your utilitarian structures in artistic and creative facades.

Currently, everything I have looks terrible, including my home which is just a large marble square. I've been doing nothing but technic building. I have old pipes zigzaging everywhere and it just looks like an absolute mess. I just wanted to know if there was anything else I could do before I started remodeling and decorating. I should really look more into Redpower if you can make things like that.

Thanks for the confirmation.

You absolutely can make things like that, it was one of the first things I tested when I installed Tekkit 3.0.3. My personal solution, make a 'lamp post' out of jacketed wire leading up to a lamp or two, depending on your personal design preference, connect the jacketed wire to the lamp with a bit of red alloy wire, then run a red alloy wire from the bottom of the lamp post to a light sensor. Put a NOT Gate between the two (so that daylight = signal is off), and then adjust the shutter on the light sensor until you've got it coming on as the sun goes down, and turning off as the sun comes up. It works a lot better than my old ghetto-rigged light posts that counted on IC2 solar panels to operate.

Just last night, I started toying with frames and motors too. There's SO much fun stuff you can do with these, I really recommend giving them a try.

I've been building up my world with all that Technic has to offer, and I just recently created a nuclear reactor and got it up and running. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to do now. It's great having a sustainable amount of power, but I don't really need it as far as I know. The only thing I can think of using the power for, other than furnaces, macerators, etc., is more quarries, but since I have a destruction catalyst, along with a dark matter pickaxe, nano armor and jetpack, making more quarries seems useless. Is there more to industrial/buildcraft that I'm missing or have I progressed to the end? What else can I build?

That is the problem with mixing EE and IC and BC...whats the point of the machines when EE lets you pull resources out of your ass for next to free?

That's one way of looking at it, Gristle, but I prefer to think of Tekkit as a creativity tool rather than a set of goals. Even with the addition of 'The End', Minecraft has always been a sandbox for me, and while I prefer to earn my keep rather than turn on Creative mode, I also enjoy reaping the benefits of easily-accessible materials once I've earned them.

Having the entire world's resources at your fingertips lets you focus on other craziness. How about a floor of lamps that tracks you as you move across it? I've seen it done, but if you haven't watched the tutorial, it's fun to figure out how to make it happen! Or maybe make a set of games like the Yogcast Olympics, but using all of the IC/BC/RP tools at your disposal for more detail and unique functions, so you can play with your server buddies?

I agree AnnaMayBelle. It depends on what you want out of the game. Sometimes I play MC like a game, gather resources, have a goal etc. Other times I just want to build some complicated machine thing and don't want to worry about resources.