Problem with Rotary Macerator

Evening/Morning all

I have been working along side a few admins on tekkits servers and i have noticed since the release of 3.0.3 there is an issue with using nether ores and the macerator if you watch the macerator it will macerate the ore and show you the out come then within a second it will remove it and show you the unmaceratored ore block, if anyone knows how to fix this issue that would be great.

Regards and thanks in advance

Aurron

thats not the issue that way works but when placing the Nether ore in a macerator it will macerate then unmacerate the ore, when place in macerator the nether or will have u 4 dust of the provided ore(iron copper tin gold) instead of the standard 2 dust pre ore therefore making mining in the nether worth while since the random explosion event that comes with mining in the nether

thats not the issue that way works but when placing the Nether ore in a macerator it will macerate then unmacerate the ore, when place in macerator the nether or will have u 4 dust of the provided ore(iron copper tin gold) instead of the standard 2 dust pre ore therefore making mining in the nether worth while since the random explosion event that comes with mining in the nether

Im having trouble comprehending your post but nonetheless I get your main point, but consider this.

Nether Ore (metal in this case)> Smelt > Macerate > Smelt.

Nether ores were nether meant for direct maceration. Thats why they are still red.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue aurron. The nether ores macerate fine in SMP Tekkit but in SSP Technic they do not macerate like they should. Apparently all of these other guys have been wasting their time mining in the nether and just smelting the ore down first instead of macerating it for the bigger profit. I guess it not working properly has something to do with their lack of knowledge.

I am having the same issue aurron. The nether ores macerate fine in SMP Tekkit but in SSP Technic they do not macerate like they should. Apparently all of these other guys have been wasting their time mining in the nether and just smelting the ore down first instead of macerating it for the bigger profit. I guess it not working properly has something to do with their lack of knowledge.

You are an idiot. Edit: You're not only an idiot but a troll...good one.

When you smelt nether ore it doesn't give you bars, it gives you normal ore. In other words, nether iron ore is cooked into regular iron ore which can then be macerated. This is how nether ore was designed to work by the mod creator.

Taken from the nether ore page "Once you harvest one of these, you must smelt it into the drop you'd get from its surface form by cooking it in a furnace. Nether Iron gets you an iron ore block, Nether Redstone gets you redstone dust, etc."

Also, OP, don't sign your posts.

You are an idiot. Edit: You're not only an idiot but a troll...good one.

When you smelt nether ore it doesn't give you bars, it gives you normal ore. In other words, nether iron ore is cooked into regular iron ore which can then be macerated. This is how nether ore was designed to work by the mod creator.

Taken from the nether ore page "Once you harvest one of these, you must smelt it into the drop you'd get from its surface form by cooking it in a furnace. Nether Iron gets you an iron ore block, Nether Redstone gets you redstone dust, etc."

Also, OP, don't sign your posts.

He's not trolling. This happens on my server as well. Like you said, it should have to be smelted first, however if you were to put it into a macerator, it yields 2 normal ore. So this should probably go in the bug section for any passer-by mods.

@mack, if that's the case I retract my comment.

However, that is not the intended behavior (for the person who wrote nether ores) and I don't quite understand why the rotary macerator would function as a macerator and a replicating oven (in this situation). If the creator of advanced machines wrote that in just for nether ores, I can't quite understand why.

It's a bug that the rotary macerator is capable of macerating nether ores to begin with. A standard macerator can't.

Math time: When you macerate an iron ore block, you get 2 iron dust. When you smelt a nether iron ore block, you get an iron ore block, which can then be macerated into 2 iron dust. 2=2=2, amirite?

• 3 months later...

Ok it's been a while but lets clarify. The macerator turns nether ore into 4 ores instead of 2. So you do not smelt the nether ore first, you macerate it to get double the normal gain. I'm also having this problem where It will macerate but when i click on the dust it disappears and the unmacerated blocks reappear on the left. I know that I can get 4 iron ore out of one nether iron block because it was working last week.