Tips for securing an area?

RibaldRon

I don't mind it in my base so much, just don't build in an area with roflcondas nearby...

But, it seems like villages are usually located in deserts, and roflcondas always seem to be present.

Anyone got any tips for protecting the buildings? The blast radius gets pretty crazy. (with level, I assume)

I havnt done this but... I do know mobs dont spawn in water. Mobs in Hack/mine spawn in light. Roflcondas are like slimes... They spawn in selected chunkes so if you manage to avoid these chunks or if you willing enough keep a record of every chunk you found them in you could make a pattern to avoid.

Brilliant!

I was going to try glass to maybe prevent spawning.. but the idea of flooding the whole area, and putting up some walls or something sounds so much better.

On the plus side, even if it doesn't prevent spawning/I don't have a complete wall, this should reduce the damage to the buildings by quite a bit!

All mobs other than slimes spawn specific to the area-- so each area has a set of mobs that always spawn in it, in addition the slimes which spawn globally.

I've seen people try making a wall of stone around the village, where the inside of the wall is accessible via a million inward doors (so the villagers crowd to them XD) This will be addressed at some point, no worries :P

• 4 months later...