Java for Mac

cozone101

Question

I am a proud user of a high-powered Mac with OS X 10.7.3 and java SE 6. Ever since I started to mod minecraft with the technic pack, I realized that I needed java SE 7. However, Apple only supplies java 6, so I was stuck. I looked around and eventually found this website:

jdk7.java.net/download.html

It supplies java SE 7 and jdk7 for Mac. WIN!

Any website managers on this site, please link this in the JAVA download section of technicpack.net as It will be a lifesaver to all Mac users.

10 answers to this question

I am a proud user of a high-powered Mac with OS X 10.7.3 and java SE 6. Ever since I started to mod minecraft with the technic pack, I realized that I needed java SE 7. However, Apple only supplies java 6, so I was stuck. I looked around and eventually found this website:

jdk7.java.net/download.html

It supplies java SE 7 and jdk7 for Mac. WIN!

Any website managers on this site, please link this in the JAVA download section of technicpack.net as It will be a lifesaver to all Mac users.

This has been known for a while now. See http://forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,1938.0.html

Oh, and also on the main page under java downloads click other. It forwards you to a page that has a link to the mac JDK 7 download.

Guess your "High-powered mac" wasn't so great, now was it?

Expansive trend furniture is what it is.

No, thank god for Linux OS, which i sadly have not installed.

Was that called for? Like, at all? I've been using Windows on my computers forever, sure, but there's no need to dump on someone's computer because they use a particular brand.

Was that called for? Like, at all? I've been using Windows on my computers forever, sure, but there's no need to dump on someone's computer because they use a particular brand.

It is not the brand i hate to the extreme, its the persons behind it.

Let me explain. As far as i see it, there are 4 people that buys a mac.

1. A person who buys it because someone said "It is better then PC", this is one of the worst reason i can think of, as it seems to me that people don't even know what they buy.

2. A person who actually works with photo/movie editing. This one is the best, because that is what mac is better at. It has software designed to do just this.

3. A person who thinks Higher price = better. Do i even have to explain why i hate this one?

4. A person who buys it just for the reason that it is more expensive. I hate this reason for the same reason as i hate brand clothes, i think it is a attitude of "I got money to spend on this instead of using it for better things"

If the person in question is a person 2, i am sorry.

Otherwise, i won't change my mind.

RAM has nothing to do with operating systems.

Oddly enough, Windows handles RAM usage better.

It's just in their 'style over substance' approach, Mac are usually crammed with RAM to cope with having multiple sloppy windows, browsers, data streams from external sources, and graphics/movie editing packages at the same time.