Help on Installing Factions on Tekkit 3

Hey, I just started a Tekkit server and I would love to have the Factions plugin on it, but it won't work. I've heard you have to do something extra to factions to get it to work on Tekkit, but I'm yet to find out what that is. Do any server admins here have experience with this? Thanks!

Factions works fine with Tekkit just use the 1.7.5 beta version: dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/factions/files/

(when you heard about doing something extra that was for Tekkit 2.0.0 not Tekkit 3.0.0 or later)

I run a small private server and use this factions on it successfully the beta doesn't seem to have many bugs but remember that people can still bypass the protection with Equivalent exchange tools so if you haven't already you should go to this link to fix the EE protection bugs www.forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,8460.0.html

If you need any other help with your server you can MSG me I will be happy to help.

Also this same question has already been posted so you should probably check a little more to keep the forums uncluttered next time.

• 2 months later...

I have done what you said, SentinelX101, but when I type /f create [faction name], it says that I don't have permission to create a faction. If I am an op, I can create one, but I don't want to op everyone on my server, which would give them permission to do /give [item id] and any other commands that I don't want them to do. Please help.

Hi, Factions may have stopped giving out the factions.kit.fullplayer permission. Your best bet would be to install/use a permissions plugin and then give out the factions.kit.fullplayer permission to those who you want to be able to create and use a faction or just give it to the default group. If you want more control and understand permission plugins then you may want to give out the individual permissions which you can find here along with other help.

If you don't know how to do that or need any other help then feel free to MSG me.

Hi, Factions may have stopped giving out the factions.kit.fullplayer permission. Your best bet would be to install/use a permissions plugin and then give out the factions.kit.fullplayer permission to those who you want to be able to create and use a faction or just give it to the default group. If you want more control and understand permission plugins then you may want to give out the individual permissions which you can find here along with other help.

If you don't know how to do that or need any other help then feel free to MSG me.

I cant get link to fix the EE protection bugs www.forums.technicpack.net/index.php/topic,8460.0.html working did they change it?

THANKS! It worked.

• 3 weeks later...

eemmmm what permission plugin would you use because i dont know anything about perm

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hey i have a problem with factions also when someone who is not op trys to use any faction commands it says you do not have permission to create a new faction or something like that depends on command used i have groupmanager installed and i added all the factions permission nodes to the group and factions.kit.fullplayer nothing seems to work even when i uninstall groupmanager plz help

its a night mare to get my server up and running if you want to check the error messages the ip for my server is technorealms.zapto.org and it currently runs from 10am to 8pm every day please respond to this someone

regards snooper_trooper aka marleyplANT aka CrazyBullyDog(Xbox gamertag) aka RedXephos(Youtube)