Nuclear Reactor Setup Discussion...

ErusPrime

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 6 chamber Nuclear Reactor Setup

Wesnc, While that does look like a pretty good layout, take a look at this (Created by SimpleGuy) reactor that uses half Uranium Yours does, and creates almost as much EU(20M opposed to 24M).It only has a 38m cooldown, so its essentially more efficient as Your getting the approximate same ammount of EU in the same amount of time for much less Uranium.

Pilchard, I don't think anyone has actually, no. Mainly because theres no such thing as a perfect reactor. You can have a reactor that creates massive amounts of EU(See my post about the reactor build i tested and got working), but needs alot of ice(SUC-Single Use Coolant), or a reactor that creates much smaller amounts of EU(such as Wesnc or the reactor build I posted in the part to Wesnc), that are much less work, and dont require any extra coolant.

Most setups use anywhere from 2 - 4 or 5 uranium usually, in order to get the maximum efficiency while keeping generation time at max to avoid redstone work, and to keep the cooldowns relatively small as well. Then there are the reactors that have all their chambers almost entirely full of uranium, but require alot of extra redstone work, and SUC's such as water buckets or ice blocks.

THe only other thing I can think of on the topic of perfect reatctors is that there are so many possible setups that it would be practically impossible to go through them all to find the one that does the absolute best. Thats why we post our designs here :) that way we can see the best designs we've found so far, but again, its hard to come up with a "perfect" reactor due to the fact that everyone wants something slightly different from the reactor they themselves are using.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a reactor setup here, it's a modification to Wesnc's reactor.

It can be run infinite times and you just put uranium in and let it go.

It's pretty good for a reactor that doesn't need to be watched.

http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reactorplanner.html?9101ql7y9wcc25kzygoaa5vwg9vs6vc0q=1k10101001501521s1r11r10

EDIT: correct link posted. Sorry for the confusion.

Esilaire, If You made any changes to the reactor wesnc made, You have to use the "save" button, otherwise You're just linking to the reactor wesnc made (which is what You did)

Just need to fix the link so we can see the modifications :)

• 3 weeks later...

i cant make the nuclear reactor power a normal furnace. every time i try one of my transformers blow up, or my furnace. please telle me exactly what to do, and what i might do wrong.

It works like this:

Reactor > HV Transformer > MFSU > MV Transformer > MFE > LV Transformer > BatBox > Basic Machines

You can take out the storage devices if you want but you need to make sure to transform the power down to the proper level.

(Im saying this about powering quarries)

I have 2 quarries running most the time along with macerators, electro furnaces and the like and all i use is 8 batboxs arranged around the room that acts as my power supply. 4 Flowers of solar panels keeps them all fully charged (using diamond cables) the only thing that i know it wouldn't power (though there is a lot i haven't tested) is the mass fabricator.

EDIT: Also i forgot to mention that i have 3 genarotors full with coal encase my consumption out powers my solar panels.

(Im saying this about powering quarries)

I have 2 quarries running most the time along with macerators, electro furnaces and the like and all i use is 8 batboxs arranged around the room that acts as my power supply. 4 Flowers of solar panels keeps them all fully charged (using diamond cables) the only thing that i know it wouldn't power (though there is a lot i haven't tested) is the mass fabricator.

EDIT: Also i forgot to mention that i have 3 genarotors full with coal encase my consumption out powers my solar panels.

you do realize this thread topic is nuclear reactors, right?

• 1 month later...