[Tekkit 3.0.4] Modifyworld not working

djnunny

Question

Launcher/pack Version:3.0.4

Operating System:xp 32-bit

Version of Java:jre7

Description of Problem:as the title suggests i am having some issues with modifyworld since the new update i have been searching round seen a few other posts with similar problem but no cure, i have all the permissions set in place to block certain items as far as i can tell the config for MW is spot on but the so called restricted items can still be owned placed w/e doesn't block them i cannot understand why this is happening it is the same setup i had previous for 2.1.1 any ideas anybody??

Error Messages:none

Link to pastebin of log: http://pastebin.com/fEA06rds << MW config

http://pastebin.com/xvKnNVSS << PEX perms for members

10 answers to this question

Ok ive looked around a bit. Maybe this will help:

Config file for Modifyworld:

itemRestrictions=False (default)

Enable/disable item restrictions. If this is enabled, items not configured to be allowed will be removed from the players inventory as soon as they attempt to hold it

:)

Modifyworld/PEX has issues with items that has damagevalue, like 10:1 etc. You just gotta use the main ID, as you cant (as far as ive gotten to work atleast) damagevalue/metadata/subid (whatever you prefer to call it)

Most of the items now require an X in front of them. If you use "pex toggle debug" in console then try to use an item it will show you exactly what the permission is it checks for.

So instead of "- -modifyworld.items.have.27573:41" it'll most likely be "- -modifyworld.items.have.x27573:41"

pex's debug feature is your best friend.

Also I would recommend using PEX 19.1 instead of 19.2, as there is a known problem with 19.2 not recognizing the faux mod users like [RedPower] and also missing some checks as well.

you do not need to put in the x. and when you put in a *, make sure you dont block off more items then you want to.

so - -modifyworld.items.have.194.1 would block off automatic craftingtable mk2, but if you put in

- -modifyworld.items.have.194.* you would also block the buffer and black hole chest.

also, you can do this to make your permissions look simpler:

-modifyworld.items.have.(194.1|27573.41|163.2304)

Got this running finally... apart from that option, you need to add this line (its not there by default) to ur config

use-material-names: false

This way you dont need the "x" before the ID (tested with an iron block when we couldnt block using the ID, and tekkit itemnames use x+ID)

and now you can simply block them the way you did be4, btw by me works with ":" (id:data)