3.0.3 Weapons Mod?

I'm unfamiliar with the forum, so I'm not sure if this is the correct spot to post this. But, this is a rather simple question. After updating my server I noticed that 3.0.3 doesn't seem to have the weapon mod from 2.1.1. Is there a way to re-add it, or will it be in a future update for Tekkit 3?

It was one of my favourite aspects of the Tekkit pack, and a rather large part of my server. 3.0.3 brings a lot of stuff we all want, so I don't want my server to have to stay at 2.1.1 in order to have the weapon mod.

Yes, I would have to agree with that opinion, however, they had to have taken it out of Technic/Tekkit for a reason. That being said, it is extremely simple to install a simple mod such as that, and it is Forge reliant, which reduces errors. If you were to run into problems, you have multiple options. One of said options would be to simply exclude it until 1.3 is out( I think along with the modding API, they are adding new block IDs), your second option would be to just edit the block IDs yourself to get it to work, or you could find an alternative (such as Flan's mod).

• Forum Administrators

It's called Balkon's Weapon Mod and it was removed for stability reasons. Tekkit 3 was crash happy and we narrowed it down to Balkon's. You can add it back in if you'd like, but you have to not only mod your server but also make sure your clients modded in the exact same way, correct configs and all, in order to connect to your server.

I appreciate the quick responses.

Fortunately the server I run is a very small community, people I know in real life, so it wouldn't be out of the question to have to do a manual install on their clients. Like I mentioned, it's an important aspect of the server, so I'd be up for at least trying.

The only problem is, I'm rather new to hosting Tekkit.. could someone explain how I'd go about re-adding Balkon's?