White chat - only in tekkit

I have an issue where tekkit is displaying all text as white, even though other players on the same server have coloured text.

I play on another standard server with the same players, and I have coloured text on that server, so I find it hard to beleive its an issue with my PC.

Any idea on a fix for this? Thanks.

Ok cleared cache, it redownloaded it all, and still the issue remains. Right away I tried normal minecraft ( which I have optifine on as well) and I still have coloured text there. Anything else to try?

The server uses towny which is meant to output colour. That still outputs white text. I have noticed the shadow has very faint colouring as its meant to, and when the next fades it shows colour then as well.

• 1 month later...

Chances are, this is NOT optifine messing up; it's more than likely caused by your Video drivers. I have been trying to fix mine for quite some time now. However, the gentleman helping me out hasn't yet fixed my tekkit, But he did fix my Hack/Mine. Tekkit is next on the list...

The link provided below will help you.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/981282-white-text-fix/page__st__220

• 4 weeks later...

I managed to fix this with a file my friend sent me, that fixes optifine. So I was right in assuming it was optifine and not my PC. Thanks for the help anyway people. PS. Video drivers are still the same, so def wasnt them.