Update failed

ham101

Question

24 answers to this question

I'm having the problem as well. I have tried the .jar download (0.5.4.4) [on mac]. I have also tried the .exe download (0.5.4.4) [on windows]. There is no error report, if i try logging in on technic, tekkit or vanilla, the updater, goes through two bars and on the third bar it stops 90-99% before finishing. A window pops up with "Upate Failed". I've tried downloading and redownloading again and again. No success.

Registerred just for this. A big fan of the pack hearing from friends, downloaded, clean install of minecraft, select the Technic pack, then, then, after a lengthy download,"Update failed."

Mac, running off of the .jar.

Im getting more or less the same problem

works fine with a backdated version of 1.1: but its not liking 1.2 :P

Logs: http://pastebin.com/fmq73G2E

Logs are complaining of a mismatch with the MD5 checksum: its failing to allow the minecraft.jar through.

- Tried total reinstall of TechnicPack including manually deleting all files - couldn't see much else. I have the latest 64-bit java installed and whatnot - can't see anything else that might be awry xD

- Not allowing me to clear the cache: says "Failed to clear the cache! Ensure Modpack files are open. If all else fails, close the launcher, restart it, and try again" - tried that several times to no avail.

Hope there's a fix soon xD

I'm getting this problem too. I'm on linux. Tried deleting everything and that didn't help at all. Going to try it out on windows and see if I have any luck there.

Ok just tried it on Windows to and the .exe and the .jar file both refuse to work. Infact the .exe fails even more than the .jar.

I did notice that MineCraft 1.2.3 is out, and I wonder if that is what has broken the latest Technic launcher?

this also occured to me. Friend was having problems connecting to my server so I wanted to connect from work. Work computer will run Minecraft vanilla but the tekkit launcher gives me an error when loading any of the three choices (technic, vanilla, tekkit). I remoted into my own PC and was able to connect from there so it's not related to user ID. Both PCs are 64 bit windows. I am unrestricted as far as I know at work (but I could be wrong).

IMPORTING A 1.1 .JAR WILL DO NOTHING. THE LAUNCHER WILL SEE IT IS OUTDATED AND SPAZ OUT.

That was in caps for a reason, as it is important, so people will notice it.

I'm all for listening. As I have a working version at home and a non working one at work, is there a way to use the working version to fix the broken one? Would this whole update thing also be the reason why one of my users is unable to connect to my server? he doesn't get the "update failed" message.

and can we kill the 4-5 other threads about this? choose whichever you want, (this one has most views) but i think it cna bring confusion to have all these different threads (that, and poor miniboxer has to jump all over the place to provide us with his tasty, tasty knowledge).

I'm all for listening. As I have a working version at home and a non working one at work, is there a way to use the working version to fix the broken one? Would this whole update thing also be the reason why one of my users is unable to connect to my server? he doesn't get the "update failed" message.

do not touch your working version, and wait until the launcher is updated. You may end up nuking both if you attempt to fix your work one.