cant play

Leganas

Question

Launcher Version: latest

Operating System: windows 7 premium

Java Version: 7 update 5

Antivirus Program: avg but there were no problems with this before the update

Description of Problem:

i log in to any mod pack but it closes before it reaches the minecraft title screen

Error Messages:

none it just closes after log in

Error Log:

none

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I was just wondering, is it really that hard to respect capitalization? I mean, just pressing the shift key a fraction of second at the beginning of each sentence can't possibly be that hard, can it?

Aaaaanyway. Get rid of AVG and get something like Avast! or MSE, I don't know why it didn't give you trouble before, but maybe it is now, so just do it. And now, are you sure nothing appears before it "closes"? Could you describe precisely everything that happens when you press the log in button?

okay like i said before avg does nothing to anything my uncle (who is a computer tech guy) said that nothing will be affected. my problem with the shift key i dont like capitilations unless im writing a handwritten page anyways i click log in and it does everything it usually does till it is supposed to display mojang and it just closes. nothing else pops up or anything just closes

okay like i said before avg does nothing to anything my uncle (who is a computer tech guy) said that nothing will be affected.

Because, all "computer tech guys" know exactly what they're talking about, for every application.

my problem with the shift key i dont like capitilations unless im writing a handwritten page

You will not go far in the world.

anyways i click log in and it does everything it usually does till it is supposed to display mojang and it just closes.

This is antivirus behavior. AVG is 99.783% likely to be the cause. It's your choice on what to do next.

okay like i said before avg does nothing to anything my uncle (who is a computer tech guy) said that nothing will be affected. my problem with the shift key i dont like capitilations unless im writing a handwritten page anyways i click log in and it does everything it usually does till it is supposed to display mojang and it just closes.

I don't care about what your uncle's saying, he's never played the Technic pack, I have. AVG fucks with the download of the mods for some reason, so don't go around wondering why you can't download the next update.

I would like know what exactly is "everything it usually does".

I don't care about what your uncle's saying, he's never played the Technic pack, I have. AVG fucks with the download of the mods for some reason, so don't go around wondering why you can't download the next update.

I would like know what exactly is "everything it usually does".

1: my uncle has experience with all application saying he knows the relationship within the codes dont ask i didnt get as far as hi he can reprogram any computer as my comuter use to have xp

2: what does your game do when you figure that out youll know what "everything it usually does" is.

sorry for my semi-rudeness if you found it rude i really dont know whats going on i just updated java when it happened and since then it has been doing this so no its not avg.

1: my uncle has experience with all application saying he knows the relationship within the codes dont ask i didnt get as far as hi he can reprogram any computer as my comuter use to have xp

... I will keep myself from commenting this... No, I can't stop myself. Sounds like total BS, no offense to your uncle.

2: what does your game do when you figure that out youll know what "everything it usually does" is.

I don't have access to my gaming computer right now, just tell me what happens already.

sorry for my semi-rudeness if you found it rude i really dont know whats going on i just updated java when it happened and since then it has been doing this so no its not avg.

Just try uninstalling it, okay? Just to prove us wrong.

Also, yes, you're definitely rude to someone trying to help you, but I've seen worse. Still, I wonder why you just don't ask your uncle to fix your Technic if he "has experience with all application".

You're not being rude - you're being unrealistic. No one has experience with all applications, and unless your uncle has actually looked at the launcher code, he can't make a statement like that with anything resembling certainty. We, on the other hand, have been watching AVG screw with the launcher, especially during updates, for months now.

Now, if you updated Java, and that's what's causing the issues, you might be able to get it working by getting a new copy of the launcher and re-downloading whatever mod pack you were trying to play. Otherwise, it's AVG.

Also, yes, you're definitely rude to someone trying to help you, but I've seen worse. Still, I wonder why you just don't ask your uncle to fix your Technic if he "has experience with all application".

I am in proccess of doing so but that cant happen since he lives to far to go any day i want i will see him in a month so i would rather have help now than latter and play this awesome game now instead of a month from now.

Now lets put a new piece of info it was going fine but crashed every 10 minutes because i hadn't updated it in a year. I updated java and this occurred to my normal Minecraft than the Technic launcher updated and this problem occurred here as well.

1: my uncle has experience with all application saying he knows the relationship within the codes

All the applications you say? Even the countless ones that consist of a program some random person wrote for personal use and never released ever?

dont ask i didnt get as far as hi he can reprogram any computer as my comuter use to have xp

Wow, you have to reprogram your entire computer to upgrade your OS? I thought you just put in an install disk, I didn't know it was so complicated.

My game runs fine. I'm also not using AVG, but then again there's no AVG for Mac OS X so what do I know.

You're not being rude - you're being unrealistic. No one has experience with all applications, and unless your uncle has actually looked at the launcher code, he can't make a statement like that with anything resembling certainty. We, on the other hand, have been watching AVG screw with the launcher, especially during updates, for months now.

Now, if you updated Java, and that's what's causing the issues, you might be able to get it working by getting a new copy of the launcher and re-downloading whatever mod pack you were trying to play. Otherwise, it's AVG.

just did that then again avg is a year old and again i havent had any problems before.

I am in proccess of doing so but that cant happen since he lives to far to go any day i want i will see him in a month so i would rather have help now than latter and play this awesome game now instead of a month from now.

Now lets put a new piece of info it was going fine but crashed every 10 minutes because i hadn't updated it in a year. I updated java and this occurred to my normal Minecraft than the Technic launcher updated and this problem occurred here as well.

Well, that's all there is to say.

Edit : Stop being so damn stubborn, AVG isn't even the best AV out there (far from it), you'd be helping your computer by choosing another one.

All the applications you say? Even the countless ones that consist of a program some random person wrote for personal use and never released ever?

Wow, you have to reprogram your entire computer to upgrade your OS? I thought you just put in an install disk, I didn't know it was so complicated.

My game runs fine. I'm also not using AVG, but then again there's no AVG for Mac OS X so what do I know.

my computer was a bit complicated it took several days to figure out what was going on im not sure what excatly happened but it was fixed so at least i can play it. oh and everything has to run off certain computer languages or codes knowing them all can get you knowlege to apps

Well, that's all there is to say.

Edit : Stop being so damn stubborn, AVG isn't even the best AV out there (far from it), you'd be helping your computer by choosing another one.

im just trying to find a way to play the game without downloading morre stuff on a 1 GB ram otherwise ill wait and play normal minecraft i want help without slowing down y computer even more

my computer was a bit complicated it took several days to figure out what was going on im not sure what excatly happened but it was fixed so at least i can play it. oh and everything has to run off certain computer languages or codes knowing them all can get you knowlege to apps

No comment on this, I don't feel like arguing, particularly knowing you don't have any knowledge in informatics yourself. Does it work without AVG?

im just trying to find a way to play the game without downloading morre stuff on a 1 GB ram otherwise ill wait and play normal minecraft i want help without slowing down y computer even more

This.. This lacks anything close to sense. Uninstalling AVG and getting a new, good AV can only help your computer. Your RAM got nothing to do with how much stuff you can have on your hard drive. And getting a new AV won't slow down your computer. Computer that shouldn't be all that slow, knowing you have a tech guy to help you with this.

Even if you know all the programming languages, I don't think that means you can claim you are absolutely certain how all code in every program interacts with all other code in every other program.

fine leave my uncle out of this him or you now or later (thats a good candy) i want help with my game ill uninstall avg and see just ignore the small stuff concentrate on the problem

my computer was a bit complicated it took several days to figure out what was going on im not sure what excatly happened but it was fixed so at least i can play it.

Several days to figure out a problem? That screams virus or system collapse to me.

fine leave my uncle out of this him or you now or later (thats a good candy) i want help with my game ill uninstall avg and see just ignore the small stuff concentrate on the problem

Ouff, finally. I recommend MSE, that I use myself. I also heard good words of Avast!

okay so like i said it was not avg's fault anything to help me?

Post a launcher log. Use pastebin please. Also, did you actually uninstall AVG, or just disable it, and did you just run it or reinstall while it was disabled/uninstalled?

Post a launcher log. Use pastebin please. Also, did you actually uninstall AVG, or just disable it, and did you just run it or reinstall while it was disabled/uninstalled?

launcher log all i get is an hs err when it fails and i just reinstalled it same problems its not avg or at least it cant be saying as it is gone

launcher log all i get is an hs err when it fails and i just reinstalled it same problems its not avg or at least it cant be saying as it is gone

All I get in the launcher log is an hs log (?), log that is created when the launcher fails.

I had a lot of difficulty to understand this part of the sentence, so I deciphered it for the others.

I had a lot of difficulty to understand this part of the sentence, so I deciphered it for the others.

Wow rewriting my words, what i said is what i said it is an hs_err_pid and some random number it is a java report on the crash i have looked at it, it seems to me it is a problem with the java but i dont know what it means, it is not a launcher log so stop putting words in my mouth i know what im talking about.