"How do I get to DevCo Classic?"
"So what IS DevCo Classic?" I hear you say in that sweet voice of yours...
Well, fine reader, DevCo classic is the newest DevCo server, owned and operated by me, camurro9. It's nice to meet you. Although the server itself is very new we have a small moderation and administration team already, and we share a website/forums with the main DevCo server. (The mains server runs FTB unleashed, but we don't talk much about that.) Our main aims are to get a nice community based on friendship, respect and teamwork and to make some pretty awesome factories and machines (computer-operated everything factory, anyone?)
"But camurro9!" you ask me, "Don't servers have RULES!?"
It pains me to admit it, but yes, our server has a few rules. Rules help control the fun! (FRIENDS reference!) So, in no particular order, here we go:
01. The Admins word is above all, even these rules!
02. No griefing of any kind/bypassing plugins that prevent this.
03. No stealing/bypassing plugins that prevent this.
04. No pvp, it's turned off, bypassing that is a violation.
05. Do not cheat/bypass the AFK kicker to keep a chunk loaded.
06. No Collectors visible from outside your house/factory/settlement. EE must be hidden! if you violate this rule, your collectors may be confiscated.
07. Exploiting any dupe bugs is a violation.
08. Don't harass other players.
09. Client side mods are ok so long as they are not cheaty in nature (ex. x-ray mods)
10. Follow all instructions given by staff.
11. If in a town or city, follow all their rules (but they do not over-ride these.)
12. Quarrying within view of someone elses house or dwelling is not permitted. It's a big map- find your own place!
13. Lying to staff is a bannable offence.
14. Racism, homophobia and discrimination will not be tolerated at all.
If in doubt, just ask yourself whether a model minecraft citizen would do it.
You may notice there are no rules against strong language.- Strong language may be used, so if you're going to get offended by it's use, please find another server, arseface.
"Wow. that's a lot of things I can't do. I was planning on bypassing the AFK kicker to keep chunks loaded. Are there any other things I can't do!?"
well, yes. There are a number of banned items. These are listed below. (Items in brackets are available for use by players with the Trusted rank.)
World Anchor **
Dimensional Anchor **
Anchor cart **
watch of flowing time
(Ring of Arcana)
*TNT may be crafted and used in recipes but not placed or detonated.
**For chunk loading, please ask a member of the Admin team for permission.
"I guess I should ask about plugins or something?"
I guess you should. A comprehensive list of our plugins follows (these change about every 30 minutes, so it may not be up-to-date.)
Simple Vote Listener
Vanish No packet
"That all sounds very good. But I'm bored of reading now. Show me pictures!"
This is our current spawn. It's quaint and humble, but as I said, we're a new server. We are in the process of updating our spawn. (It's gonna be big....)
This is one of our new spawn buildings. It's part of what is going to be a massive floating city. (You can see that this building isn't even finished yet.) We are looking for help on this, so if you like building in a team with creative mode, we need YOU!
What floating city is complete without airships!?
"Wow. That was definitley the most amazing server thread I've ever seen. As a completley unbiased reader of this thread, I would expect it to get Deluxe or something.
So How do I join!?"
The server is Greylist which means you can join the server but not do anything other than chat until your application has been processed. You can make applications either here or on our main site. (whitelist.devcoftb.com)
Explain, in your own words, Rule number 6:
How long have you played tekkit for?
If you've been banned from another server, please explain it away here:
Tell us something about yourself.
Thanks for reading the entire post, and I look forward to getting to know you on my server.