Tekkit and optifine

I'm trying to remove optifine from tekkit, I've seen people do it so i know its possible. I've removed all optifine files from the modpack.jar but now my client crashes with this:

Mods loaded: 1

ModLoader 1.2.5

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9f578458 --------

Generated 6/12/12 11:15 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW! version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: cfgGrassFix

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:872)

at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at ahu.<init>(RenderManager.java:86)

at ahu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:394)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 49fe73db ----------

I get a drop in performance when using optifine and I get invisible block flickering. It's driving me up the wall.

Why does everyone always chew out anyone who has problems with optifine? Do I have to make a video? Stop being blind fanboys and realize that just because something works for alot of people doesn't mean it works for everyone.The fact is I've tested all versions of optifine and ALL of them have shown a decrease in fps for ME, I cannot stress the ME part enough. All testing was done on Vanilla Minecraft with no other mods installed! As well I did some testing back when technic had a simple jar installer with options for which mods to include when you ran the install and back then I could disable optifine and my game worked PERFECTLY.

My point here is, stop trying to tell me I'm doing it wrong and I should use the mod. All I wanna do is disable the thing, I'm not petitioning it to be removed, you aren't hurting from me uninstalling it on my game.

@Iscamania but thats the thing, I downloaded the version of optifine used in the version of tekkit I am using and I compared both jars to remove any files inside the modded jar that were in the download. The only thing I can guess is that Tekkit or the launcher does something extra with the mod.

Also there was a thread that told you how to remove it but it got removed or deleted. It still shows on google but only links back to the main page of the forums :(

Basically, optifine overwrites some of the original files within the modpack.jar (essentially minecraft.jar in the vanilla version + some extras). Deleting every file that optifine puts in there is uh..going to make your game crash like you've apparently been experiencing. Go to your vanilla minecraft.jar and if any files that you delete from modpack.jar have another version in the vanilla .jar, delete them and replace with the clean version from a vanilla 1.2.5 minecraft.jar. Let me know if you have issues still and I'd be glad to help. On a second note, since I'm offering to help, I'd also like to help you get optifine working as it should because as you've stated YOU are getting WORSE FPS with optifine but the general population is not. There's probably a reason for that somewhere within your system, java, or minecraft settings.

Thank you for the help, I will try that. As for getting optifine to work, I am not the only one who has had problems with optifine, and I have tried hard to get it to work doing a lot of googling for solutions. The stuff I did find never had solutions :(

I always use the lowest settings in optifine putting everything to fastest except for animations. As for the flickering, that is a problem with not using the correct version of optifine for my system, tekkit and technic both use OptiFine HD A7 Smooth + AA which is no good because I get flickering on all versions of optifine except standard. Even the creator suggests that anyone getting flickering use the standard version. But even if I use the standard version I still get a drop in FPS.

Now I'm sure I'll get trolls who say I have a sucky computer like last time but the fact is this system was able to run technic and yogbox just fine before the technic launcher made it so installing optifine wasn't an option and my system has had an upgraded graphics card since then.

Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

2.19Ghz 2 GB RAM

Running Windows XP SP3

I am able to run Skyrim and Guild Wars 2(during beta 1 and 2) without lag, while I realize minecraft can be resource intensive I don't see a reason for the FPS drop I am getting.

Did you manage to get it removed by doing what i mentioned previously? And if you didn't, may as well try to get optifine working. Here's a few tips tho for starters. Go download Java 7 update 5 because it's fixed quite a few bugs since the second update you have. Next, check your Microsoft .net Framework version for me. Type %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework into the run area or into any directory and open that folder up. Inside should be some folders at the top with version numbers, see which number is the highest. If you still have v1 or 2 then update that shit haha. Check your drivers on GeForce.com, new drivers can boost performance 10-15%. Next, go buy yourself some RAM...seriously. I have 4GB on my laptop and it's not enough. But obviously that can't be done at the moment you're reading this so make sure under options, your technic launcher is setting Tekkit to run with 1.5GB RAM so your system processes have a little memory to work with. I don't think I need to ask this but what render distance do you normally use without optifine and what is it set to with optifine? Check on all of that stuff and report back and we'll figure it out.

1. didn't work, got this error looks like the same one:

Mods loaded: 1

ModLoader 1.2.5

Minecraft has crashed!

----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 9f578458 --------

Generated 6/20/12 3:31 PM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5

Java: 1.7.0_02, Oracle Corporation

VM: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode, sharing), Oracle Corporation

LWJGL: 2.4.2

OpenGL: GeForce 9800 GT/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW! version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: cfgGrassFix

at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:872)

at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)

at ahu.<init>(RenderManager.java:86)

at ahu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:394)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

--- END ERROR REPORT 9c190ce9 ----------

2. updated

3. I have all versions of framework up to v4.0.30319 thats what i've always done with each new install

4. my drivers are always updated on my graphics card

5. Windows XP bottles RAM at 2 gigs so I am using the max possible without modding the OS

6. I have already tried all the settings with the launcher RAM usage 512mb seems to work best

7. Render distance has no visible effect on FPS and yes I have tried all the settings

Hello Im hoping this thread isnt too old to reply to but I would also like to remove optifine. I have looked around google and asked around in irc and havent been able to find any help. I am almost positive that optifine is giving me issues because any mod i run that comes with optifine has fps issues. I can play vanilla minecraft at around 150 fps at maxed out settings with HD texture packs but when playing tekkit or technic it drops to 7-15 fps.

EDIT: forgot to mention that the world loads very slowly. chunk updates in the 20's compared to 120-150 in vanilla.

I noticed that when I first downloaded and ran it optifine automatically set my render distance to tiny -42 and I was unable to see anything until I upped it.

My specs:

Intel i7 3rd gen ivy bridge 2.3ghz

16gb ram

geforce gtx 670

win7 64 bit

I have my graphics drivers updated along with java and .net framework

I have tried increasing the amount of ram given to java via the launcher. from 1gb - 8gb

I have set optifine settings all to lowest(fastest) settings besides render distance which I left at medium

nothing I have done has seemed to help boost my fps very much (0-10fps).

I really love technic and I would love to play it smoothly

I would like to try what NateGR described but I am having a bit of a hard time following what you are saying to do. I am tech savvy but I haven't done much messing with the files inside the minecraft.jar

Have any of you played w/ optifines settings?

Optifine requires users to 'Tweak' it to get the most out of it.

yes of course I have messed with pretty much every setting in there. That was the first thing I tried.

Honestly, I just want to know how to remove optifine. If it doesnt fix my issue then I will look for other solutions but right now I believe it is optifine causing my issue and I want to remove it. Like I said I searched google and did not find any useful information on how to remove it. If you can find any info to link me or provide any info to me that would be great.

Sry been gone for a few days, I'll give it a try later this evening and see if I can find out how to remove it myself and then post on here. By the way, I was just thinking.. you say messing with the settings doesnt change anything at all for either of you. Have you tried removing matmos? Cus that shit is a pain in your motherboards ass if you don't have an extra gig or 2 of RAM for that alone. It adds some nice background and environment music, but no one needs much background noise to help with immersion unless you're running a reflective water mod and HD texture packs.